Organizational Location and Job Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with the National M&E Analyst, Programme Specialist on Gender, Programme Analyst Gender and programme colleagues in both the country office and provincial offices, the Programme Analyst for Monitoring, Reporting and Research shall provide technical leadership in implementing the results based management framework and strategies and operationalizing the monitoring and evaluation plan of the gender component of the UNFPA Ninth Country Programme, and coordination support to the government partners, UN Agencies and Alignment Monitoring And Results (AMAR)) unit for DFID.
2. Major Activities/Expected Results
Programme and Technical Support
· Provides timely and effective technical support on monitoring and evaluation to UNFPA programme team and implementing partners at federal and provincial levels, especially towards the implementation and progress tracking of programme log frame, and 9th Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Framework
· Facilitates and substantively contributes to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring plan, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and annual work plans;
· Ensures availability (including collecting and maintaining) of high quality data for country office annual and donor reports, mid-term reviews and final reviews; Provides technical and programmatic support to programme reviews and reports;
· Facilitate the finalization of common formats to coordinate reporting of programme achievements and results under the joint programme;
· Updates log frames by collating results achieved by implementing partners
· Develops annual joint workplans with SMART milestones and targets. Provides support for the review and update of the value for money framework of the programme.
· Undertake programme specific risk assessment and updates the risk register.
· Facilitates coordination among partners on programme delivery, as well as with provincial governments and implementing partners.
· Monitors the progress of Gender projects and ensures quality and timely reports;
· Conducts annual appraisal of programme/project results as per established monitoring framework and reports on consolidated results;
- Assists in knowledge sharing of results, lessons and experiences of provincial programme and projects;
· Substantively contributes to the institutional capacity building for planning, monitoring and evaluation, and develops relevant tools for monitoring and reporting activities in the UNFPA Country Programme for Pakistan, in line with UNFPA monitoring and evaluation guidelines and procedures;
· Contributes to strengthening the capacity of national counterparts, especially UNFPA implementing partners, on monitoring and evaluation, research and programme reporting;
· Substantively contributes to the development, harmonization and introduction of corporate monitoring and evaluation tools, modules, working papers and guidance notes for the effective implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems at the country and provincial levels;
· Initiates the improvement of Results Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and strategic information reporting systems in the country office and provincial offices, especially within the programme team;
Advanced degree or equivalent in Economics, Development, Business/Public Administration and/or other related social science field
Knowledge and Experience:
· Four years of increasingly responsible professional experience in planning, designing and management of development programme and projects;
· Substantive knowledge and practical experience in monitoring and evaluation in development work; experience in humanitarian rapid assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset;
· Knowledge on monitoring indicators for population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender;
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation of the UN joint programmes is an asset;
· Client oriented and strong team work;
· Strong communications and writing skills in English;
· Proficiency in current office software applications.
Fluency in English is required.