Under the technical directions of the National Team Leader, and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent will work as Area Coordinator, within the framework of national policies and guidelines defined in WHO programme and policy documents
1. Support surveillance activities (for AFP and VPI diseases) to ensure achievement/maintenance of certification standards through
a) Participating in the planning and in the implementation of active surveillance and routine reporting.
b) Support training activities and supervision of surveillance/support staff in the area of assignment.
c) Participation in the organization of advocacy/orientation meetings for health care providers.
d) Ensuring proper case investigations, follow-up and classification.
e) Regular analysis of surveillance data and monitoring indicators.
2. Support development and strengthening of routine immunization through.
a) Participating in the development of microplans for implementation of RED approach and ensure their proper implementation and monitoring.
b) Coordinate with partners on activities related to routine immunization and ensure community participation.
c) Timely analysis and interpretation of routine immunization data and its use for corrective action.
3. Support supplementary immunization activities
a) Support preparations, implementation and monitoring of supplementary immunization activities including microplanning, training and monitoring
b) Timely analysis of data and its use for corrective action
4. Contribute in strengthening of the development of H. S. infrastructure particularly through training and assist in building national capacity in the area of assignment.
5. Liaise with different EPI/PEI partners and enlist continued commitment of national local authorities to stated goals.
6. Oversee activities of national support staff recruited by WHO working in the Polio eradication activities
7. Submit monthly reports to reflect progress achieved constraints and proposed actions. Required Skills