Purpose of the post: To assist the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Programme’s Data Management Unit, including providing support to the National Emergency Operation Center’s (EOC), in the management of data obtained from: Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIAs); Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP) Surveillance; Finance; and, Human Resources. In addition, develop and maintaining the PEI Programme’s information and administrative management systems.
Organizational context: Under the technical supervision of the Data Technical Officer, the Polio Team Leader and overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the Data Assistant will undertake the following duties:
1. Conduct merging across data files to ensure clean merges and produce summaries of key outcomes.
2. Review data files and conduct basic data cleaning to ensure all observations are uniquely identified and to maintain consistency in the data being reported.
3. Assist in the management of data and performance of analyses, as required.
4. Assist in the process of transforming and synchronizing data.
5. Assist in the preparation of presentations, based on data analysis.
6. Assist in the preparation of historical data to convert onto the latest database formats.
7. Assist staff in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of databases on their computers.
8. Assist in the development of database modules.
9. Perform data entry whenever required.
10. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor(s).
Functional skills and experience:
1. At least 8 years’ experience in data management for a large-scale enterprise,
Epi Info, SPSS, statistical software,Relational Databases.data management and
analysis skills. Microsoft software applications,Access and Excel.
2. Functional understanding of Relational Databases.
3. Proven data management and analysis skills
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft software applications, including Access and Excel.
5. Working knowledge of statistical software, such as Epi Info, SPSS, or others.
1. Demonstrates technical knowledge and expertise in area of work.
2. Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance at all times.
3. Shares relevant information openly and ensures that the shared information is understood properly.
4. Demonstrates accountability for work.
5. Promotes the Organization’s position in health leadership.
6. Demonstrates engagement and ensures own skills and knowledge are continuously updated.
7. Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results; encourages cooperation and builds a rapport; helps others when asked; accepts joint responsibility for the teams’ successes and shortcomings.
8. Manages stress positively; remains positive and productive even under pressure; does not transfer stress to others.
9. Demonstrates a positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives.
10. Quickly and effectively adapts own work approach in response to new demands and changing priorities
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Information Technology