Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and the overall guidance of Administrative Officer in Country Office, the incumbent will:
1. Administer the e-Imprest system. Ensure proper compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to Global Management System (GSM) instructions and WHO rules. Select and enter data from variety of documents, ensure accuracy in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations. Prepare financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports.
2. Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WRO office pertaining to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, Imprest, DFC’s, GES etc, based on authorizations received. Monitor Imprest GL’s ensuring accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records. Reconcile provincial office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis.
3. Provide a full range of administrative services, ensuring that deadlines are met and correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner. Initiate and process different transactions, including procurement of goods and services, DFC, APWs, fellowships, consultants, etc. obtain necessary approvals and initiate action. Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments;
4. Make necessary arrangements for field visits and duty travel of team members, consultants and visiting missions, follow up on ticket and hotel reservations, security clearances, and process travel requests.
5. Administer meetings, workshops and training activities, follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements. Provide secretarial support during meetings.
6. Update and maintain accurate fixed assets and inventories data and reporting. Ensure that office assets are bar coded and regular physical count is performed.
7. Ensure all necessary documentation in relation to cars usage is maintained.
8. Ensure office building is properly maintained.
9. Monitor expiration of all types of staff and non-staff contracts and alerts supervisor on need for extensions, coordinate with Country Office.
10. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.