- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
National Project Officer (DTM REMAP)
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Project Officer (DTM REMAP) and in close coordination with the Senior Programme Manager and the Senior Regional Project Manager of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy (REMAP) (DTM REMAP) in IOM’s regional office for Asia and the Pacific, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following deliverables:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support coordination, implementation and monitoring of DTM REMAP project activities such as (but not limited to), DTM mobility tracking, DTM flow monitoring and DTM surveys. Track progress and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Coordinate the logistics and procurement related to the DTM REMAP project implementation to ensure timely response.
- Coordinate and monitor field data collection teams for DTM REMAP and ensure that data is collected and stored in line with the DTM Project requirements for data analysis and output product development.
- Support in development of DTM REMAP project activities and planning on issues related DTM field teams deployment and workplans and DTM tools, including data collection forms, data processing protocols, definitions etc.
- Coordinate timely production of national DTM data outputs and DTM reports in close coordination with the Project Coordinator (DTM REMAP) and the Regional DTM REMAP project coordination unit.
- Monitor the creation and maintenance of organized databases and narrative reports of all information collected under the DTM REMAP project.
- Liaise with relevant authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, think tanks, government authorities, and other stakeholders on issues relevant to the DTM REMAP project. Participate in relevant meetings as assigned.
- Promote and facilitate the integration of gender perspectives and attention to specific women/girl's and children’s rights issues (vulnerable groups) within all DTM REMAP activities
- Will comply with relevant IOM policies, especially on Data Protection and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) standard on data and information security.
- Supervise and provide training and technical guidance to project staff.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Migration Studies, Demography, Political or Social Science, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in coordination and implementation of data collection in emergency context on displacement and/or human mobility;
- Practical field experience in domains related to relief interventions and humanitarian action (including support to displaced populations and implementation of emergency and early recovery activities), UN, and the cluster system is an advantage;
- Experience in survey and questionnaire design and implementation and probabilistic sampling is an advantage;
- Research experience in the field of population studies, human mobility, mixed migration, and refugees/IDPs in developed and developing countries, including field experience related to displacement and migration research is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Urdu, and/or local language (Pashto) is an advantage.