- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Rule of Law Coordination Officer
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Development Studies, Gender Studies or related fields.
2 Years(• At least 2 years’ experience in programme management and coordination. Preference will be given to those who have worked on Rule of Law, EVAW, human rights or governance.)
Organizational Context & Project Description:
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) strives to promote gender equality and women’s human rights, strengthen implementation of gender sensitive policy and legislation, and eliminate all forms of violence against women as well as to protect women’s human rights. Attention is given to issues of excluded groups and their capacity to lobby so that these become part of mainstream decision making and planning. It provides technical advisory and services on women’s economic empowerment, ending violence against women and girls, women’s leadership and participation, including in disaster risk reduction and management and gender integration in planning and budgeting. UN Women works towards ensuring an effective UN response by strengthening the effectiveness, coordination, and quality of outputs on gender equality amongst the various stakeholders.
UN Women launched its programme in Pakistan in 2007 following a request by the Government and the UN and is now strategically positioned in this regard at both the national and provincial level, post devolution. In moving towards realization of gender equality and women’s empowerment, UN Women provides support to innovative initiatives that promote women’s human rights, with a special focus on their economic security, governance/political participation, freedom from violence, as well as preparedness and responding to humanitarian crises.
UN Women Pakistan is looking for 2 Rule of Law Coordination Officers, one each for Balochistan and KP sub-offices, to support the Sub Office team in coordination, implementation and reporting for the Rule of Law Programme being implemented by the Ending Violence Against Women, Governance and Human Rights Unit. The Officers will provide support to the provincial sub-offices in programme planning, coordination, implementation and reporting.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office (Balochistan/ KP), the UN Volunteer will perform the following functions:
Programme management/ coordination:
- Provide support to the planning and implementation of program activities of the Rule of Law programme as per the program outcomes.
- Support effective coordination between the project partners (government partners ,UN agencies and CSOs) for impactful and sustainable programme implementation.Maintain an up-to-date database of relevantstakeholders (with all required information) including government departments, CSOs, donors and UN agencies working on Rule of Law, VAW, Governance and Human Rights and keep informed of their work with a view to enhance coordination and information sharing;
- Support the Identification and establishment of collaborations/ partnerships with civil society, research institutions and resource centres as needed for implementation of project activities;
Knowledge management/ reporting:
- Support the development of knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies for the programme;
- Assist in preparing internal documents such as terms of reference, calls for proposals, meeting notes, field visits reports, briefings and other project documents as required;
- Draft high quality and timely documents for various external audiences such as concept notes, fact sheets, presentations, project updates and donor reports;
- Maintain regular information management for smooth and timely reporting of program activities at provincial and country level.
- Support the development and dissemination of communications materials including but not limited to social media posts, press releases, radio messages, video documentaries, etc.
Administrative/ logistical support:
- Coordinate with operations unit at country office for all logistical/ procurement/ travel/ event organization tasks;
- Manage and liaise with vendors and service providers engaged for supporting project activities;
- Assist in the designing and printing of documents and communications materials and their dissemination as per communication plan;
- Prepare necessary documentation and provide support to travel, monitoring visits, field missions, and events organized through the programme and assist in compiling monitoring reports.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Results/ Expected Outputs:
- Laws, policies and strategies adopted and implemented to prevent and respond to violence against women and girls (VAWG)
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Development Studies, Gender Studies or related fields;
- At least 2 years’ experience in programme management and coordination. Preference will be given to those who have worked on Rule of Law, EVAW, human rights or governance;
- Proven excellent analytical, report writing and organization skills;
- Strong understanding of gender and development issues in Pakistan including the specific provincial context, especially about access to justice, violence against women, and human rights;
- Proficiency in the use of software including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required; proficiency in use of other software/ databases will be an asset;
- Creativity in the presentation of information through use of graphic, pictorial or other appropriate communication means;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and function as part of a team; and
- Strong technical and analytical skills in gender and social development issues and ability to provide well-grounded, quality analytical inputs with pragmatism and a focus on results;
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with policy issues, while maintaining a strong client focus; Ability to manage dialogue with government and donors on gender issues;
- Diligent and efficient, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and a proven ability to work in multicultural settings and teams;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Urdu required.
- Spoken proficiency in other provincial language(s) will be a plus.
The United Nations Volunteers programme (UNV) is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.