- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Rule of Law Expert, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Service Contract (SC) ( First Shift (Day) )
Master’s Degree in law, international relations, public policy, gender studies, human rights or any relevant disciplines;
7 Years(At least 7 years of relevant professional experience with specific emphasis on access to justice, governance, women’s rights, gender, human rights and Governance;)
UN Women Pakistan is supporting national and provincial partners to end violence against women (EVAW) by strengthening rule of law, enhancing women’s access to justice, services and safe spaces and for this work requires the services of a Rule of Law Expert who will support the activities of the EVAW, Governance and Human Rights work in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and provide technical input and advice for development and review of materials including, policies, proposals, plans, and knowledge products as well as the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the Unit’s interventions.
UN Women Pakistan is seeking to hire a Rule of Law Expert to support the roll out and implementation of its Rule of Law programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under the UN Women EVAW unit. The Expert will be required to provide high technical assistance including development of policy guidelines aligned with existing Rule of Law roadmap, advisory briefs and other related material to support the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of all the activities under this programme.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and technical supervision of Portfolio Manager EVAW, the Rule of Law Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
Programme Planning and Management
- Provide technical input to the RoL programme being implemented by the EVAW Unit in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Support the strategy development for strengthening RoL institutions and justice/ security sector stakeholders in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
- Facilitate the activities in the inception phase to finalize the interventions for the duration of the project
- Support the Head of Sub-office in formulation of the province-specific justice sector annual workplan with timelines and desired results and manage its implementation;
- Oversee the technical implementation of the programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
- Coordinate the activities of the Technical Working Group on gender integration in the justice sector, DLECs and other related bodies.
- Coordinate closely with EVAW Unit colleagues at country office and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa sub-office for providing inputs to programme planning and implementation.
- Liaison and coordinate with EVAWG Alliance at the provincial level to create support for the justice sector interventions including pro-women legislative processes.
- Liaise with Procurement/ Operations team in Country Office to facilitate logistical arrangements for project activities (engaging vendors/ service providers, organizing events, arranging travel, etc.)
Monitoring and Reporting
- Oversee the province and programme related work undertaken by implementing partners and consultants at the provincial level to ensure quality assurance;
- Coordinate the submission of province specific implementing partner/ consultant financial and high quality narrative reports;
- Monitor province specific programme/ project (s) implementation and finances using results based management (RBM) tools;
- Organize and facilitate field missions and submit reports on monitoring missions;
- Provide inputs to internal/ external/ donor reports, using RBM language, focusing on results, output and outcomes;
- Develop concept notes, position papers, briefing notes, or other material as needed
- Undertake technical review of all knowledge products (including but not limited to: Training materials, capacity assessments, studies/ data collection on RoL and VAW), in particular from the provincial context of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Review materials developed by team members (including Country Office and Provincial Sub Offices) or received from external partners to provide valuable input, incorporating a gender, human rights and rule of law lens for quality knowledge products and documents
Partnerships and Coordination
- Build and manage relationships with provincial government and non-government partners;
- Lead the coordination for technical assistance to both, the government and non-government partners at the provincial level;
- Participate in meetings/ events with government and other partners to represent UN Women and to keep them engaged in planned and ongoing activities and chalk out the way forward
- Support the coordination at the provincial level between partner UN agencies (UNDP and UNODC) for ensuring that the project activities are rolled out smoothly and in line with the donor agreement
- Coordinate regularly with partners working on similar interventions to obtain information and develop collaboration as relevant
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in law, international relations, public policy, gender studies, human rights or any relevant disciplines;
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience with specific emphasis on access to justice, governance, women’s rights, gender, human rights and Governance;
- Strong programme management skills and experience;
- Proven experience in a technical advisory role;
- Experience working with the Government, UN and other international organizations in the area of ROL.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (with excellent written proficiency is mandatory)
The incumbent will be required to travel frequently to field locations in Pakistan
HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UN provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates.