Services of United Nations Volunteer - UNV (Procurement & Logistics) is required for liaison between country office UNDP and GLOF throughout Pakistan. The United Nations Volunteer - UNV (Procurement & Logistics) will be responsible for support in procurement of goods and services according to the approved procurement plan of the project.
Objectives of the Assignment
The United Nations Volunteer - UNV (Procurement & Logistics) will be coordination with Provincial Project Implementation Units, Field Offices, MoCC and provincial line departments to ensure consistent implementation of the approved procurement strategies and plans complying with UNDP rules and donor’s requirements.
Scope of Work:
The United Nations Volunteer - UNV (Procurement & Logistics) under direct supervision of National Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Supporting the project management unit in routine procurement activities by being a liaison between project and country office.
· Support project in providing advisory procurement services to PMU, PIUs and FOs.
· Support project in management of end-to-end procurement processes.
· Support in ensuring UNDP and donor rules, regulation and procedures related to procurement.
· Conduct and facilities project by regular research for up-do date market knowledge on major items for procurement with the project.
· Support project in the rigorous review of the procurement documentation for enhancing internal efficiency and best value for money.
· Provide support in development of bidding documents.
· Provide support to logistics desk in country office UNDP by coordinating with project.
· Assisting in arranging logistic for filed visits by project staff in coordination with logistics desk.
· Provide support in carrying out field visit in coordination with UNDP security unit country office /UNDSS
· Assisting project in getting security clearance with UNDP security unit country office/ UNDSS
· Support project in liaising with procurement unit UNDP country office.
· Support project in liaising with ECCU UNDP country office.
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UNs values and ethical standards. • Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the UN. • Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
1. Professionalism – Advanced knowledge of the use of information management in humanitarian response and recovery environments; demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks; ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural disasters).
Communication and Computer Skills–Communication and training (spoken and written) skills as well as computer skills including the hands-on experience on CAD applications. Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision. Planning and Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently. Judgment/Decision Making – Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision. Commitment to Continuous Learning – Demonstrated history of keeping abreast of new developments in the field plus a commitment to continuous learning.
Qualification and Experience:
The consultant should match the following criteria:
- The United Nations Volunteer - UNV (Procurement & Logistics) must have Bachelor’s in management science (BBA), Development Studies or supply chain management or finance and or relevant field.
- 03 (Three years) of relevant experience.
- Experience with UN/INGO/NGO will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and Strong IT skills in MS office including outlook, excel and word.
- Knowledge of the UN procurement policies will be an asset.