Purpose of the post: To provide support to the carrying out of all the appropriate administrative processes having to do with the implementation of different activities of the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Programme, with a particular focus on those pertaining to procurements, while ensuring that they are processed adequately and are in compliance with the established policies of the Organization and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), where applicable.
Organizational Context: Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Polio Team Leader and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent will undertake the following duties:
1. 1.Analyze and process requests for procurement of goods and services for different technical and emergency programmes, ensure adherence to the standard WHO guidelines on procurement, accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and check availability of funds.
2. Using GSM, initiate local purchase requests for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner, monitor status and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services. Draft purchase order amendments when required, provide justification and upload supporting documents.
3. Prepare requests for price estimates for non-catalogue items, obtain estimated costs from the Regional Logistics and Supply Unit or HQ, and implement related procurement decisions taken by technical units and/or the supervisor.
4. Draft bid invitations and related correspondence, compile offers, prepare summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer, and draft the adjudication reports with recommendations for decision-making.
5. Arrange for the meetings of the Country Procurement Committee by determining suitable dates with partners and compiling and disseminating the necessary background documents related to the cases to be presented.
6. Maintain and update the suppliers’ database, including completion of the supplier evaluation forms for all suppliers contracted by WHO office.
7. Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor(s).
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing oneself
- Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively
- Demonstrates engagement and ensures own skills and knowledge are continuously updated.
- Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results; encourages cooperation and builds a rapport; helps others when asked; accepts joint responsibility for the teams’ successes and shortcomings.
- Manages stress positively; remains positive and productive even under pressure; does not transfer stress to others.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives.
- Quickly and effectively adapts own work approach in response to new demands and changing priorities
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Social Sciences or other related field.
· Certificates of participation to procurement and/or logistics courses desirable.
- Five years of experience working with a UN agency and/or International Organizations.
- Proven experience of engaging with government entities on protocol-related matters.