Established in 1951, and operational in Pakistan since 1981, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration policy, research, data and practice.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, IOM recognizes that vulnerabilities of migrant populations have been exacerbated, especially of returning Pakistani migrant workers and require targeted measures to ensure their sustainable reintegration. Keeping this in view, IOM, in close partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Ministry of Overseas Pakistani and Human Resource Development, aims to contribute towards addressing these challenges through provision of technical and vocational skills trainings and small business start-up support to vulnerable returning Pakistani migrants.
In continuing its efforts and assistances, IOM Pakistan will also increase the engagement with those who are on need of information about IOM activities and available services. To support this effort, IOM will need personnel as Call Centre Assistant to ensure beneficiaries are provided with timely, accurate and sufficient information. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of National Project Officer and in a close coordination with the Migration Management Coordination and the Senior Programme Manager, the Call Centre Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Answer phone calls and obtain the callers’ information as per required protocol.
- Provide related accurate and sufficient information to callers regarding IOM activities and services available, such as counter-trafficking in person and smuggling of migrants.
- Handle sensitive complaints/feedback in line with “do no harm” principles.
- Assist the callers on routing their calls for further information regarding specific and unique concerns that may not be addressed through the call.
- Compile issues and complains of the callers through incoming calls and report it to the supervisor.
- Update and maintain personal copy of staff directory and other resources to ensure accurate dispensing of information.
- Regularly update the directory of all information related to issues raised by the callers and overall activities and share updated document with the supervisor.
- In coordination with the supervisor, liaise with other IOM staff on a regular basis especially for updates on unique situations that require specific response(s).
- Ensure functionality of the call centre and it instruments/facilities and reports the problem of facility to the supervisor in timely manner.
- Perform such other duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Communications, International or Public Relations, Journalism or related field with at least 1 years of relevant experience.
- High school degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Additional studies in Migration, Development Studies and Political Science is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate basic computer software, use of email and web browser.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls, fast typing is an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Experience of working with UN agencies or other international organizations is an advantage.
- English and Urdu (Fluent) and one extra local language spoken in Pakistan, specifically Pashto or Punjabi.
- Working knowledge of other Languages in Pakistan, such as Sindhi, Saraiki or Balochi, would be desirable
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.