Purpose of the post: To support the WHO Pakistan Polio Programme and the National Emergency Operations Centre to effectively monitor and evaluate the Polio Programme and to provide guidance on best practices based on the current epidemiology.
Organizational context: Under the technical supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, and the guidance of Risk Assessment and Decision Support lead, the M&E Officer will undertake the following duties:
1. Analyze the current system and programme monitoring indicators and develop tools to assess progress against the National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP).
2. Adapt a monitoring system for each field-level of programme interventions.
3. Develop and implement data-entry protocols that supports the monitoring system.
4. Develop a capacity-building plan for the Monitoring-and-Evaluation team and implement training in collaboration with the Training Officer.
5. Participate in project reviews and to any other relevant meetings.
6. Provide monitoring reports for campaigns, AFP surveillance activities and as-and-when required, including weekly reports to the emergency coordinator to be shared with partners via teleconference.
7. Enhance the work with the partners to improve data quality and analysis, with emphasis on independent monitoring of immunization campaigns.
8. Supervise the coordination of the polio eradication data management system.
9. Develop and oversee monitoring plans for the various sections of the Polio Eradication Programme, including surveillance, training, high-risk mobile populations, etc.
10. Provide support and assistance to the provincial M&E officers
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor in accordance with the objectives and deliverables of the Risk Assessment and Decision Support Unit
· Communicating in a credible and effective way
· Producing results
· Fostering integration and teamwork
· Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
· Promoting WHO's position in health leadership
Functional skills and knowledge:
· Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access)
· Ability to use at least one statistical software (R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, EpiInfo)
· Ability to process, analyze and interpret data
· Ability to supervise, train, and work in a team
· First University Degree in Public Health, Statistics or in other health related field
· Masters Degree (medical or other) will be an added advantage
At least Two (2) years’ experience working in the humanitarian sector, previous work with an international organization, previous experience monitoring and/or evaluating a public health system
· Please make sure to update you P-11 form prior to submit your application. Incomplete or missing current/past employment information will not be entertained.
· Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this position. Required Skills