Purpose of the post: The position of Technical Officer - Synergy will be responsible coordination with all the stake holders regarding implementation of PEI-EPI synergy action plans and activities suggested by WHO/NEOC. The incumbent to this post would be specifically accountable for synergy-related activities ensuring full implementation of the NEAP recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with FDI, GPEI partners and support implementation of the PEI-EPI synergy action plan, recommendations, and other activities suggested by the EOC
2. Support planning, resource mobilization, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of the EI, EOAs and other immunization through PEI-EPI synergy team, and other partner agencies
3. Contribute further strengthening of immunization systems in the country and/or priority districts
4. Support capacity building of the district and UC staffs on immunization
5. Analyze immunization data and identify gaps and suggest corrective measures at appropriate forum
6. Maintain a close coordination, collaboration with all immunization partners and donors at National level
7. Develop regular reports for the consumption of WHO, NEOC, PEOC and partner agencies
8. Support planning, procurement of vaccine, logistics and other immunization logistics in coordination with partners and other government departments (VIT-A, Nutrition, etc.)
9. Other duties assigned by the supervisor
Functional skills and experience:
· The incumbent must have at least 2 years of professional experience in EPI related activities.
· Experience in NGOs, UN agencies or Ministry of health in immunization related areas
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Familiarity and work experience with community.
· The incumbent must have clear understanding of gender equality, sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
· Producing results
· Fostering integration and Teamwork
· Effective and credible communication
· Creating an empowering and motivating environment
· Promoting innovation and organizational learning.
· Degree in medicine (MBBS/MD), Registered with Pakistan Medical Council (PMC)
· Post graduate qualifications in public health (preferably in epidemiology of child health).
· Proficiency in English and Urdu languages (both written and spoken). Additional local language would be preferable.
· Please make sure to update you P-11 form prior to submit your application. Incomplete or missing current/past employment information will not be entertained.
· Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this position.