Purpose of the post: The position of Technical Officer HRMP & IHR will be mainly responsible for coordinating and collaborating with provincial offices to strategies and develop action plan to identify, mapping, classification, and risk categorization of all types of high-risk mobile population while ensuring full implementation of the NEAP recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with provinces to identify, mapping, classification, and risk categorization of all types of high-risk mobile population, high risk nomads and other migratory population
2. In coordination with the provinces identify location of permanent polio transit team, cross border team and other teams to reach those HRMPs, nomads and migratory population
3. Provide technical support to other technical teams and ensure HRMPs are included in the polio micro-plans and reached during each campaign, included in surveillance activities, EI and other immunization activities
4. Develop plan for deployment of permanent transit teams, support resource planning and arrange adequate vaccines, logistics, and other resources for quality implementation of the initiative
5. Monitor performance of the transit teams, ensure capacity building and high performance
6. Contribute developing guidelines, SOPs, tools, etc. for the HRMP initiative
7. Support data collection, compilation, analysis, interpretation and identify performance of the various vaccination teams for the HRMPs and suggest corrective measures
8. Work as a focal point for IHR in polio team and develop reports, data, etc. as requested by the IR team at RO & HQ
9. Coordination with CHE and support implementation of the IHR recommendations on traveler vaccination
10. Other duties assigned by the supervisor
· Communicating in a credible and effective way
· Producing results
· Moving forward in a changing environment
· Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
· Fostering integration and teamwork
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
· Ability to suggest and articulate effective and efficient proposals for change
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work under pressure while producing results.
· Ability to apply situational management style appropriate to the circumstances
· Ability to work independently to produce new results
Other essential skills:
· Computer literacy.
· Excellent presentation skills, with proven ability to write in English in a clear and concise manner.
· Knowledge or skills in Excel sheet/data analysis tools
Essential: At least 1 years of relevant experience in Public Health at national or international
Desirable: Experience in planning and implementing infectious diseases (specially Polio) related projects. Knowledge or understanding of WHO mandate and goals or experience in similar positions in the UN or NGO
Masters degree in Social Sciences/Public Health or equivalent
· Please make sure to update you P-11 form prior to submit your application. Incomplete or missing current/past employment information will not be entertained.
· Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this position.