*** These are paid assignments under national UNV contract modality, currently for 3 months with possibility of extension and candidates will be expected to join immediately ***
Transportation:Will be provided by WHO for field work only.
First level supervisor:Divisional Officers (EPI)/or Technical Officer
Second level supervisor: National Professional Officer, Provincial EPI, /or Technical Officer EPI
Organizational Context & Project Description:
WHO provides Technical Assistance to Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI), Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination (MoNHSRC), Government of Pakistan, in coordinating and implementation of quality Immunization service delivery, VPD surveillance and for specialized vaccination campaigns.
Objective/Purpose of the position:
This position is planned to enhance the active surveillance of all VPD and other notifiable diseases in flood affected areas. Coordinate with the district and provincial health authorities for suspected cases investigation, case response and outbreak. The incumbent will have to support the EPI program at the respective level (divisional & district).
Under the direct supervision of the first-level supervisor and the overall supervision of the second-level supervisor, the incumbent will carry out the following tasks:
- Support in VPDs and other reportable disease surveillance in the district in coordination with existing District Surveillance Officers and Coordinators in the district.
- Provide technical assistance in disease case notification and investigation
- Provide technical assistance in cases response and disease outbreak investigation through district disease surveillance team and rapid response teams
- Organize and conduct detailed Epidemiological investigation when needed.
- Organize and conduct training, capacity building sessions for Health care providers, Govt. Staff, partner staff and community informants to prevent VPDs and outbreaks.
- Conduct active surveillance visit in the Health Facilities as per National Guidelines.
- Conduct visits to passive VPD reporting sites for missing data, alerts or links
- Improve VPD case referral, detection and reporting, with LHWs and community support
- Conduct RCA for routine immunization, and supervise routine immunization activities
- Implement any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Collect data of VPD surveillance using prescribed formats and tools
- Carry out any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential – University degree in Medicine/Epidemiology/Public Health.
- Desirable – Training in EPI, biostatistics, epidemiology
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in public health with major experience in disease surveillance.
- Experienced in VPDs surveillance will be preferred.
- Incumbent is required to have smart phone (Android) for reporting. Internet support shall be provided on monthly basis.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge in vaccine preventable diseases and EPI, VPDs case definitions, outbreak response and WHO guidelines
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of immunization program and VPD surveillance
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skill
- Strong report writing skill in English
- Working knowledge in computer software spread sheet, data analysis skill and MS Office is required.
- Proficiency in English language
- Knowledge of local language
- Qamber Shahdadkot
- Tando Allahyar
- Tando Muhammad Khan
- Shaheed Benazirabad
- Noushero Feroz
- Karachi South
- Karachi Malir
- Karachi East
- Karachi Central
- Karachi Kaemari
- Karachi West
- Karachi Korangi
- Jhal Magsi
- Killa Abdullah
- Killa Saifullah
- Dera Ismail Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
- Rahimyar Khan