- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
District Data Analyst (EPI) - WHO
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
University degree in Computer Sciences, Data Science, Information Technology, and related fields; desirable - Training in EPI, biostatistics, epidemiology
2 Years(relevant experience in data analysis in excel)
*** These are paid assignments under national UNV contract modality, currently for 3 months with possibility of extension and candidates will be expected to join immediately ***
First level supervisor:Divisional Officers (EPI)
Second level supervisor:National Professional Officer, Provincial EPI, for GB, Technical Officer EPI
Objective/Purpose of the position:
This position is planned to enhance the EPI data collection, analysis, presentation and use in flood affected areas for effective implementation of planned activities. District Data Analyst is responsible for organizing data related to Health services and sites, IDP Camps, Disease Surveillance, case investigation and outbreak response. Responsible for data gathering, entry, analysis, design, and presented in a way that assists Divisional Officers, Provincial Offices and organization make better decisions. Following are main roles and responsibilities of District Data Analyst.
WHO has devised plan to respond recent rains and flood damages especially to health sector. Integrated Mobile Health teams, Enhanced Outreach Activities, Enhanced VPD surveillance, strengthening of outbreak response, temporary alternate sites for damaged EPI centers and health facilities, and renovation and refurbishment of damaged EPI centers are the key activities of flood response plan of WHO. Incumbent is expected to monitor above activities in addition to routine EPI activities.
- Collect, tabulate and manage daily reports on OPDs, referrals, and vaccinations from Integrated Mobile Health Teams.
- Monitor and ensure compliance (timeliness and completeness) of daily VPD surveillance reports and linelists
- Analysis of Mobile health teams, prepare presentations and communications and share with stakeholders in the district
- Analysis of VPD surveillance data and prepare daily report of cases/outbreaks
- Monitor and ensure that monitors are sending monitoring rata (RCA, Observer Checklists)
- Coordinate with District Disease Surveillance Officers (DDSO) for VPD Surveillance/Linelist and triangulate with coverage data
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Maintaining Databases and data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems
- Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Preparing presentations for the stakeholders to understand the situation and enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Essential – University degree in Computer Sciences, Data Science, Information Technology, and related fields.
- Desirable – Training in EPI, biostatistics, epidemiology
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in data analysis in excel.
- Experienced in Stata, SPSS, R, SQL is desirable.
- Experience in EPI will be preferred.
- Incumbent is expected to have a personal laptop
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel, formulas, formatting, pivot tables etc
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skill
- Strong report writing skill in English
- Proficiency in English language
- Knowledge of local language
- Qamber Shahdadkot
- Tando Allahyar
- Tando Muhammad Khan
- Shaheed Benazirabad
- Noushero Feroz
- Karachi South
- Karachi Malir
- Karachi East
- Karachi Central
- Karachi Kaemari
- Karachi West
- Karachi Korangi
- Jhal Magsi
- Killa Abdullah
- Killa Saifullah
- Dera Ismail Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
- Rahimyar Khan