For applying, follow the instructions on http://sites.unicnetwork.org/careers/how-to-apply/. Applications received through Rozee.pk will NOT be considered.
Organizational Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Islamabad, within the Information Centres Service (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD), Department of Public Information (DPI).
The UNIC Islamabad is part of the global network of United Nations information centres, which are the principal source of information about the United Nations system in Pakistan. UNICs are responsible for promoting public understanding and support for the aims and activities of the United Nations by disseminating UN information materials to a local audience in English and in Urdu; engaging local and regional partners; and, overall, bringing the United Nations closer to the people it serves.
The incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Director of UNIC Islamabad
Within delegated authority, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
• Provides general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of an organizational unit. Uses standard word processing package to produce a variety of routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts, graphs, etc., in accordance with institutional standards. Proofreads written products for completeness and grammatical and typographical accuracy.
• Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit. Reviews, records, routes and/or processes mail or other documents; gathers pertinent background material; tracks and monitors followup action as required.
• Receives phone call and visitors, and responds to routine inquiries and information requests, including drafting routine written responses, or routes to appropriate personnel for handling as required.
• Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for the work unit. Updates and maintains large distribution lists; assemble documents, reports and other materials for global dissemination, where possible using electronic formats; coordinates courier services.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.). Photocopies a variety of documents and other materials.
• Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc.
• Drive UNIC Director and visiting senior UN officials to and from official functions and events; provide transportation for other UNIC staff to official events, as needed. Transport, collect and deliver packages/items as required; including picking up pouches from the airport or other document pick-up points. Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicle; log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, services, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of general office and administrative support. Knowledge of driving rules and regulations. Knowledge of administrative policies, processes and procedures. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates an appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of one year experience in general office support, administration, or related area is required. Experience drafting and proofreading correspondence and other official documents in English is required. Experience utilising Mircosoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and researching information on the Internet in a professional context is required. Experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required. Experience providing support to a communication or a public information office in an international organization comparable to the United Nations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English and is required. Fluency in Urdu is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
United Nations Considerations
Applications are screened according to the published evaluation criteria of the job opening on the basis of the information provided by applicants. Applications cannot be amended following submission and incomplete applications shall not be considered. The selected candidate will be subject to a reference checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available as explained in the documents linked from the “How to Apply” section below.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment. Candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter as well as the requirements of the position. The United Nations is committed to the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for all its human resources, including but not limited to respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to whether they have committed, or are alleged to have committed criminal offences and/or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
How to Apply
For detailed job profile, visit "http://sites.unicnetwork.org/2018/03/27/job-opening-team-assistant-g-3-unic-islamabad/". Applications received as per the instructions mention on "http://sites.unicnetwork.org/careers/how-to-apply/" will be considered only.
The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.