Purpose of consultancy:
· Conduct a national assessment of health system and develop a roadmap to integrate/strengthen voluntary and quality family planning services in all service delivery outlets including community based channels.
· Provide technical support to Implementing Partners in rollout of the following strategic initiatives such as Private Public Partnerships and Task Sharing.
Scope of Work:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
The renewed commitment by the government for increasing Contraceptive Prevalence Rate to 50% thereby lowering the total fertility rate to 2.8 children per woman by 2025 calls for serious evaluation of the current service delivery strategies. This ambitious targets are difficult to achieve unless the existing full force of cadres and service delivery outlets are mobilized and utilized including effective utilization of the LHWs and other community health workers who are the closest to the most in need.
The historic CCI/Supreme Court decision on population dynamics have eight sets of recommendations covering legislation, financing, universal access to services, supply chain, behavioural change and mass communication, education will guide population/family planning policies and programmes in Pakistan. Although the other recommendations and sub section are relevant for expansion of family planning services, recommendation number 2 calls for delivery of family planning services as essential package of services at all service delivery outlets.
UNFPA is seeking a consultant who will contribute to the management of UNFPA activities in the areas of family planning (FP) and reproductive health (SRH).
The consultant will facilitate and coordinate with Implementing Partners, technical advisers and experts through participation in policy dialogue, documentation and knowledge management of emerging good practices and provision of inputs into joint common system initiatives.
He/she will specifically:
· Conduct a national assessment of health system and develop a roadmap to integrate/strengthen voluntary and quality family planning services in all service delivery outlets including community based channels
· Provide technical support to Implementing Partners in rollout of strategic initiatives such as Private Public Partnerships and Task Sharing.
Duration and working schedule:
60 working days spread over 4 months, starting from May 2019—August 2019.
Delivery dates and how work will be delivered: Review report with recommendations and roadmap. Rollout plan for strategic initiatives.
Supervisory arrangements: The Consultant will be directly reporting to International Family Planning Advisor, UNFPA
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
Advanced university degree in Public Health, Medicine, or related Social Science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
· 8 to 10 years’ professional experience preferably in programme advisory and management roles in the public or private sector.
· Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, precision and accuracy;
· Demonstrated ability to refine programme design and to ensure alignment of organizational programme objectives to national priorities/capacities;
· Proven ability to lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results;
· Excellent communication skills to foster partnerships at a high level of representation and to maintain political partnerships in the assigned country;
· Strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations; and.
· Experience in FP/SRH at national and international level is an asset.
Fluency in oral and written English.