Administrative/Finance Officer for Social Welfare, Special Education and Women Empowerment Department, Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
UNFPA and Social Welfare, Special Education and Women Empowerment Department (SW, SE &WD Dept.), Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have signed a work-plan to support to develop “GBV Case Management Curriculum” in order to develop capacity of social welfare officer helpline and the Department to support quality care standards for GBV survivor. Case Management intervention will also support multi-sectoral coordination mechanism among the different institutions and services allowing better utilization of resources and quality care to GBV survivors. Technical support will also be provided for designing Gender Management Information System which will inform reporting of international and national commitment.
Responsibility and Scope of Work:
· Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial and administrative management for the project activities including but not limited to providing support with regards to reporting, clearance procedures on finance, procurement, recruitment, travel in line with Govt. policies.
· Coordinate with the vendors to prepare the necessary documentation for all direct payment requests to UNFPA Country Office processed through Global Programming System (GPS) as per government policies and procedures in collaboration and guidance with commission’s finance officer.
· Provide support to the Social Welfare, Special Education, and Women Empowerment Department, Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in implementation of UNFPA – SW, SE & WE Dept. joint workplan activities.
· Provide administrative and operational support to conduct the programme activities including logistical arrangements.
· Prepare quarterly financial and progress reports with all the supporting documents i.e. means of verification for quarterly reporting requirements on the basis of a corresponding work plan and budget.
· Provide on-going support and guidance to the department to ensure compliance with policies, rules and regulations, and that value-for-money principles are observed in planning, budgeting and programme delivery.
· Draft all necessary administration and financial management correspondence and be responsible for follow-up.
· Perform all office administration duties including quotation requests, purchase order follow-ups, stationery supplies, procurement, routine file back-ups and multimedia presentations, and external support logs / fault reporting.
· Monitor payment requests within the project; obtain necessary clearances and ensure payments are effected promptly.
· Collect quotations for equipment and materials for the project and prepare and follow up on procurement requests. Prepare detailed cost estimates and lead reconciliation, budget analysis and projections as required perform any other duties as required by the Secretary.
Duration and working schedule:
Place where services are to be delivered:
Peshawar and Districts with Social Welfare, Special Education and Women Empowerment Department, Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Minimum Qualification, Age & Experience:
§ The person should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Public Administration or closely related field.
§ Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) and web-based applications
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in financial and administration office
Required Skills and Knowledge:
· Strong interpersonal skills; commitment to team work and to working across disciplines, cultures and stakeholders at all levels;
· Strong managerial and financial oversight skills, covering the full programme/project cycle;
· Good judgment in balancing the need to follow orders and take initiatives;
· Well-organized and trustworthy person, methodical in his/her approach to the office environment and financial management of the programme;
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive issues;
· Fluency in English and Urdu required;
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues; and Availability and willingness to travel.