| | Industry:
Special Short Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under the overall supervision of PTI Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the PTI Logistic Assistant the incumbent will:
- Maintain automobile in clean, polished, flawless operating condition.
- Maintain and operates communications devices, emergency response and contingency equipment, including fire extinguisher, flares or reflectors, chains, shovel, blankets, survival supplies, defensive and diversionary devices.
- Visually inspect and manually test vehicle pre-departure and before accepting passengers.
- Behave properly with staff members and assists them in entering and leaving the vehicle. May assist with baggage handling and with umbrella in foul weather. (Note: In high risk assignments, the security driver is required to remain behind the wheel at all times, and others on the protection detail open doors, handle luggage and umbrellas, etc.)
- Maintain log book of the vehicle and ensure trip sheet is signed by the user.
- Maintain records of vehicle maintenance and inform immediately about any maintenance needed to the vehicle.
- Obey all traffic laws and limits.
- Be able to reads and understand specific vehicle operating manual and is able to operate every device in the car.
- Respond to medical emergencies occurring to passengers en route.
- Assist in performing and documenting route surveys, identifying safe havens and emergency resources, "choke points", "danger zones", and "zones of total predictability.
- Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned in a timely manner.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned.