The positions are located in FAO Project Office in Quetta, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and under the direct supervision of the FAOProject Manager (CTA) in Balochistan and the Deputy Project Manager (DCOP), and in close collaboration with FAO Nutritionist and Gender Focal Person, the Nutrition Associate will be responsible to perform the following tasks and duties:
Development and implementation of specific nutrition sensitive education and training activities and delivery of effective nutrition messages within the project framework.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in nutrition sensitive agriculture programming and increasing the understanding of households on food security, nutrition as well as related gender and livelihoods issues in the project areas as well in other areas in Balochistan;
- Coordinate the project activities on Integrated Home Stead Gardening (previously: kitchen gardens) with regard to nutrition aspects through a multi-sectoral approach;
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of specific nutrition sensitive education and training activities and delivery of effective nutrition messages within the project framework (Training of Trainers approach, contents wise as well as the organization of and coordination) for farmers in the project districts and beyond;
- Liaison and coordination of project activities with knowledge and training providers as well as other relevant nutrition programmes in Balochistan; especially the Balochistan Nutrition Program for Mothers and Children (BNPMC), the SUN Secretariat of P&D and other partners;
- Assist in the development and use of specific dietary diversity and related indicators, for evaluating and following up the extent of improvement in food diversity and nutritional status on project targeted households;
- Ensure representation of FAO (as focal person) within the Provincial SUN network and establish linkages with the government and other stakeholders;
- Support the SUN Secretariat within the Department of P&D (Scaling Up Nutrition Network) and their activities as far as relevant for the AusABBA programme and the Balochistan Nutrition Program for Mothers and Children (BNPMC);
- To prepare draft reports/documents and contribute to the quarterly and annual reports of FAO in Balochistan;
- Perform any other task assigned by the FAO in Balochistan project management and the SUN Secretariat & Provincial nutrition cell.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University degree in nutrition or related subjects.
- At least 12 years work experience is required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in nutrition and experience in strengthening (capacity development) of government and national agencies on nutritional aspects is essential.
- Experience in working at policy, organizational and field level
- Experience with liaison with other organisations, including UN agencies, as well as coordination with partners and households (communities and households in the field).
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and ability to work in a team as well as seniority and leadership in order to build partnerships between various partners.
- Practical and hands on attitude and approach
- Computer skills, including word processing, spread sheet and other software packages/ systems is required.
- Language: Fluency in Urdu, Balochi, Pashtu is required; good working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity;
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment;
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team of stakeholders, manage competing priorities and perform well under pressure;
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
Please note that all candidates should adhere toFAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
All candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are to be made through FAOsiRecruitment system. Kindly go to the below link (copy & paste on your web browser) to accessiRecruitment,complete your online profile and apply for this position.
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of your iRecruitment account are completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact:iRecruitment@fao.org