- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Intern (Climate Risk Management)
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Studies related to climate change, environmental engineering, disaster risk management or related field will be prefered
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Disaster Risk Management (DRM)/ Resilience Advisor or a designated official in close collaboration with the team members and overall guidance of the Deputy Country Director, the Intern (Climate Risk Management/CRM) shall be provided learning opportunities while performing the following duties:
- Assist Programme Unit in strengthening the liaison with Ministry of Climate Change (MoCC) on implementation of planned CRM related interventions.
- Support with monitoring and follow-up on of the Annual Work Plan 2017/18 for CRM & DRM.
- Assist with the development of concept notes, project proposals and their implementation. In particular project support based on the "R4: Rural Resilience Initiative" feasibility study.
- Assist with the coordination with the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Technical Working Group (TWG) made up of WFP Country Office (CO), Provincial Office (PO) & Regioanl Bureau in Bangkok (RBB), and Federal Administered Tribal Area (FATA) Secretariat and related authorities, as well as with counterparts at the MOCC.
- Assist in developing other proposals on climate and food security (i.e. ECHO and other donors);
- Maintain documentation/material on climate risk analysis and food security in Pakistan;
- Assist with arranging the launch the climate risk and food security analysis (CRFSA) report together with SDPI and MOCC;
- Assist with other Country Strategic Plan - Stratigic Outcome on Reslience (SO4) Activity 6 actions focused on CRM and occasionally with Activity 7 actions focused on DRM.
- Provide programme/administrative support as and when required to the SO4 Manager and team.
- Other tasks assigned by the Senior DMR/Resilience Advisor.