The Assistant Field Officer is supervised by the Snr Protection Officer.
The incumbent does not normally have any direct supervisory role. S/he may, however, be required to supervise field staff where applicable. S/he has daily contacts with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he also has close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest.
- UNHCRs policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- In co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Submit recommendation for protection interventions to the designated officer.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
Judgement and Decision Making
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Field experience.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of refugee law.
- Good knowledge of UNHCRs programmes.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme. Required Skills