This job is based in the Country Office (CO) Islamabad and the job holder will report to Senior Programme Associate (Livelihoods/FFA/CBT) under the overall supervision of Programme Policy Officer (Livelihoods, Resilience and Education).
The job holder will be working as a team member in the Livelihoods unit to assist in all matters related to the implementation of Livelihoods/FFA interventions through cash and food modalities.
The job holder is expected to have technical knowledge of Livelihoods, Cash Based Transfers along with programme planning, development, implementation and monitoring. The post will be responsible for operational coordination with various internal and external stakeholders for the programme implementation and processes in consultation with relevant units and stakeholders.
To provide effective support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Develop a data bank for the FFA Livelihood- DRR CBT unit for reference and record. (Documents including Policies and guidelines issued by WFP HQ and Regional Bureau, reading material on CBT and Livelihood projects published by WFP internationally along with other relevant material published by other agencies, reports of mid-term and end of project evaluations of WFP Pakistan FFA Livelihoods-DRR CBT projects, assessments and studies by WFP VAM and M&E related to WFP Livelihood-DRR and CBT projects along with other material published for the implementation of projects e.g. training manuals, IEC material etc.);
- Undertake field visits for monitoring the implementation and cash disbursements, report back on findings to the supervisor and management and give recommendations for further strengthening and improvement of programmes.Provide feedback and support partners through recommendations and coaching/guidance based on field trips and monitoring reports.
- Provide feedback and support partners through recommendations and coaching/guidance based on field trips and monitoring reports.
- Follow up with database team for generation of beneficiary data for payments and process payments for beneficiaries after completion of each work cycle as per endorsement from relevant provincial office.
- Develop and share the monthly cash forecast with finance to maintain efficient payment processing and follow up with finance for cash arrangements as per monthly cash forecast and payment release.
- Follow up with financial service providers for reports and issues related to disbursements
- Process the service charges of financial service providers as per agreed protocols.
- Develop monitoring reports, updates, fact sheets, and other reports as per requirement.
- Participate in and contribute Cash for Work/Livelihood Cluster meetings that will be held at frequent intervals;
- Establish processes/systems that capture the information essential to ensure best possible reporting of financial, narrative and statistical information as may be required by government, donors and WFP.
- Prepare timely analytical and critical reports on the progress of operational projects, including proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of cash and voucher programmes;
- Assess options and feasibilities to expand cash transfer programming to other districts of Pakistan, eventually based on mid-term reviews of ongoing cash activities;
- Assist in all matters related to the delivery of WFP cash and voucher assistance.
- Prepate meeting minutes of the unit and the CBT Working Group for circulation to all ceoncerned and necessary follow-up.
- Create PRs related to Programme unit in WINGS and take other necessary follow up actions for effective funds tracking.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- 3 to 5 years experience in management of cash-based programming i.e. CFW, vouchers and cash grants
- Capacity to develop work plans, budget , implement and analyze CFW assessments,Skills in training, monitoring and evaluation of cash-based interventions
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to manage information (statistical analysis, report writing and presentations).
- Knowledge about the Minimum impact of cash programming on local markets (EMMA)