Service Contract (SC) ( First Shift (Day) )
A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Bachelor in Disaster Management related field, or in social sciences such as Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work.
6 Years(Minimum of six years of experience, of which a minimum of two years of experience in disaster management and risk reduction. Minimum of three experience working NGOs, preference in UN.)
This job is located at WFP Country Offoce. The Programme Associate will report directly to the Programme Officer Disaster Risk Management under the guidance of Deputy Head of Programme and the overall guidance of Head of Programme at WFP CO.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet the DRM programme needs.
- Provide technical and administrative support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFPs policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and DRM interventions including CBDRM, School Safety, Emergency Response Simulation Exercises, Training of Disaster Preparedness and Response Planning, multi hazard vulnerability and risk assessments as wekk as other DRM related interventions) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Provide logistical, administrative and financial support in conducting events, workshops, Training of Trainers, trainings and seminars etc. related to DRM.
- Regularly provide updates to relevant units which would include fact sheets, executive brief, operational updates, financial, development of presentations and narrative overview of DRM activities, expenditure vs budget reports and variance reports etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Coordinate with NGO Coordination and Procurement/Supply Chain Units in creation of PRs, POs, raising payment requests for vendors, creation of vender accounts, review and scrutiny of financial reports, budget estimates, statement of accounts, requests for advances/payments and release of funds.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Assist DRM unit in the overall implementation of disaster preparedness project interventions across Pakistan.
Assist Programme Officer DRM in coordination with cooperating partners and governmentcounterparts and other vendors for the implementation of project activities.
Organize project planning missions, workshops, coordination meetings and briefing sessions incoordination with other units inside WFP and partners outside WFP.
Assist in development and updating project briefs, reports and presentations.
Assess project performance including utilization of resources and achievement of planned targets.
Analyze and prepare projections for funds requirement to ensure smooth resource flow in theProjects.
Coordinate with Finance unit to have timely financial and expenditure reports against approved budget for managements information and transmission to donors.
Conduct field visits to support field activities and follow up of issues in field and report back for information and action.
Support drafting of initial minutes of meetings and proceedings of project activity reviews andcollecting information from POs regarding programme progress and achievements, distributionupdates.
Prepare status and progress reports by providing information and background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions
Perform other related duties or assignments as required by the Unit Head and direct supervisor.
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.