Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
Masters in Social Sciences, Rural Development or related discipline
5 Years(Position based in Multan- Punjab and frequent travel to target areas in Sindh province)
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative, in close collaboration withDeputy FAOR,Assistant Representative (Programme), and Resilience Programme Officer- and direct supervision of Project Coordinator the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Implement a results-based monitoring system to provide timely feedback to project management on the progress and achievements of the project in accordance with the work plan and approved logical framework and identify obstacles which may hamper the attainment of projects results and objectives;
- Develop tools for monitoring and data collection as required and provide training to enumerators and project staff involved in monitoring and data collection;
- Prepare monitoring reports and case studies as required;
- Assume a lead responsibility in conducting project surveys including but without being limited to the identification of most appropriate method for information gathering, preparation of data collection tools, quality assurance, training of enumerators, supervise data entry, data analysis and report generation;
- Conduct periodic and unscheduled field visits to obtain beneficiary feedback and to ensure timely, equitable and transparent delivery of assistance to beneficiaries and supplier;
- Develop a project monitoring plan with indicators both at output and outcome level;
- Responsible for maintenance and updating of project data in information management system;
- Prepare periodic progress reports on the implementation and result status as required; and
- Perform any other relevant task as requested by the supervisor.
Candidates should meet the following:
- Demonstrate abilities in conducting assessment and survey studies with minimal supervision; Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Capability for planning, organizing and administering, on-the-job independent staff training, sessions.
- Proficiency in English language
- Advance user of computers, office equipment and database software
- Advanced knowledge and experience in database management
- Working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset
- Strong communication skills and strong spirit of teamwork.