If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision/guidance of the Contracts Specialist, P-3, assists the Supply Section in conducting Local Procurement for Pakistan Country Programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Provide assistance to the Programme Section in developing Supplies plans and requisitions with correct specifications, TAD, consignee code etc.
- Prepare draft of Invitations to Bids, and requests for quotations local procurement items.
- Tabulates bids and prepares Comparative Statements for adjudication. Draft CRC documents.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, ensure distribution and follow-up on timely deliveries with respective suppliers. Maintain Procurement files and records.
- Update monthly monitoring report of all local procurement by action office (country and field offices). Undertake Pre-Delivery Inspection upon instruction from the Supervisor.
- Scrutinize invoices/bills for accuracy and conformity with Purchase Orders and process Payment Requests for approval by the Chief of Section.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent, supplemented by courses in supply & procurement methods, etc.
b) WORK EXPERIENCE
Five years progressively responsible experience in Supply and Procurement field.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Urdu.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [I]
- Working with People [II]
- Drive for Results [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [I]
- Adapting and Responding to Change [I]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [I]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
HEC attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.