If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to onboarding and orientation, staff transition, and off-boarding
- Support in processing of entitlements and benefits, and time attendance
- Support in learning and development
- Provides backup support to recruitment and organization design
Support to onboarding and orientation, staff transition, and off-boarding
- Ensures staff are effectively and efficiently on-boarded to the organization; ensures all necessary information is provided to GSSC and employee queries are addressed.
- Provides support to the implementation of the country office new staff orientation programme and similar initiatives.
- Processes staff lateral moves and promotions, ensuring all necessary information is submitted to GSSC for processing.
- Provides support to ensure the smooth off-boarding of staff, including separations, retirements, and contract expirations and all related processes such as pension, after service insurance, etc.
- Provides briefing on benefits on initial appointments and separations.
- Coordinates announcement related to new staff, staff departing, promotions, and transitions.
Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research, verify, and compile data and information on cases according to UN or UNICEF's HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries on areas related to benefits and entitlements.
- Processes entitlements and benefits for local staff in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms are completed by staff and data is entered into VISION by GSSC. As HR focal point, provide support and guidance to staff in the submission of their own requests through MyCase as appropriate. Submits requests on behalf of staff through MyCase as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations. Ensuring all requirements are complete before signing and submission through MyCase. Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate and part of electronic official status file (e-OSF).
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff and validity of data to ensure accuracy.
Support in learning and development
- Researches and analyses data and information to help identify training needs within his/her country office for the development of learning plans and other targeted training interventions as well as information on learning opportunities.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
Support in recruitment and Organization design
Provides backup support in the following areas:
- Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
- Participates in the review of GS positions specific JDs, ensuring effective application of ICSC methodology.
- Drafts and edits job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follows up and liaises with HQ and RO over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation
- Supports the implementation of HR programmes and intiatives
- Supports in reviewing documentation related to recruitment or extension of individual consultancies.
- Follow up on HR requests or cases with the adequate partner (Head Quarters, Regional Office, GSSC, etc.)
Competencies and level of proficiency required
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required.
Fluency of English and Urdu.
HEC Attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.