If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job:
The incumbent shall provide broad range of supply and logistics support to the Programme Field Office Sindh in planning and implementation of programme activities, monitoring supply/ logistics and arranging for local procurement of programme & operations supplies as required. The incumbent shall ensure timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Project Implementation: 60%
- Prepare detailed cost estimates, budget analysis and supply inputs for various project tasks.
- Act as a Focal Person for Supply Operations. Arrange local procurements as per authorized ceiling and as per laid down procedures. Assist Islamabad Office in matters relating to Supply Operations
- Arrange local procurements (if required) for operations section as per authorized ceiling and as per laid down procedures
- In consultation with Programme Section Heads/Programme Officers at Field office prepare Supply Plan and develop specifications, estimate budget and delivery lead time for supply requirements for projects.
- Maintain complete record of projects supply assistance. Alert counterparts and Programme officers on any discrepancies and maintain routine correspondence.
- Flag Cash Advances to counterparts exceeding six months for necessary action.
- Respond to queries from counterparts related to supply requirements and delivery status.
- Assist Programme Officers in monitoring the implementation of activities through field visits.
- Contribute to the preparation of Donor reports. Prepare briefing notes for meetings with counterparts and donors. Participate in briefing and de-briefing of project personnel.
- Conduct joint pre-delivery inspection with Supply Section of locally procured supply items.
- Assist in the proof-reading of material prior to mass printing. Follow up with supply section on timely procurement and delivery of supplies.
- Provide training/orientation to counterparts on UNICEF financial/Supply rules and regulations related to cash and supply assistance.
- Act as a Focal Person for VISION (Programme and Supply Module).
- Provide back up support in the absence of Senior Admin & Finance Assistant (SAFA) and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
Project Monitoring: 40%
- Supervise and assist in the management of UNICEF Stores.
- Supervise and assist in the implementation of VISION Reports.
- Supervise and manage logistics operations for regular programme supplies as well as in emergencies.
- In coordination with UNICEF Islamabad Office, monitor and report on safe arrival of supplies at project sites. Follow up on Govt/counterpart receipt of supplies. Alert Programme and Supply Section on any problems requiring correction. Assist Supply Section in conducting post-delivery inspection of supplies.
- Conduct periodic visits to project sites and stores to check inventories, supplies, quality control, distribution and existing supplies. Check pattern of supplies utilization.
- Under the guidance of CFO prepare supplies utilization monitoring sheet to assess the appropriateness of supplies by the beneficiaries.
- Maintain an inventory of UNICEF vehicles on loan for the section. Advise Supply Section on expiry of loan for eventual re-assignment/renewal.
- Report to Programme Officers and Supervisor on misuse of Programme/project vehicles, if any.
Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
Minimum 07 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
Competencies and level of proficiency required
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Planning & Organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
NOTE: HEC Attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.