Under the direct supervision of the Emergency Coordinator (Polio), and overall supervision of the WHO Representative; the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following duties:
1. To build the capacity of health workers to improve their skills and knowledge on Polio.
2. To identify and assess training needs for the polio programme
3. To assist in developing training programmes and curriculum to meet training needs of the PEI programme for both supplementary immunization activities (SIA) as well as AFP surveillance activities
4. To advise the National Programme on training policies and practices.
5. To plan for training courses and prepare training materials for the PEI/EPI team in coordination with the provincial Team Leader and the Federal Technical Training Coordinator.
6. To participate in the Training Task Force at federal level and share the minutes with the federal/ provincial officers as well as WHO partners and other UN agencies
7. To support the Task Force in collection and revision of the training materials.
8. To deliver and present training sessions
9. To monitor and evaluate training courses
10. To assist the Technical Training Coordinator in the presentation and compilation of the quarterly training plan
11. Prepare and provide training reports to the Training Coordinator Required Skills