Under oversight of the Representative of the World Health Organization in Pakistan and the Emergency Coordinator of the Polio Team with technical guidance of the federal communication officer the Provincial Communication Officer will be under the direct supervision of the Provincial Team Leader the Provincial Communication Officer is responsible for but not limited to the following:
1. Participate provincial collaboration with UNICEF on communication and social mobilization issues
2. Support communication and social mobilization strategies based on provincial campaign and surveillance data.
3. Work with the Provincial Team Leader and high-risk strategist to support appropriate social mobilization and communication activities included in and integrated with special operational plans
4. Analyze print and electronic media reports related to polio eradication and provide summary to the provincial team leader on a weekly basis
5. Document provincial activities related to polio eradicationand distribute weekly reports.
6. Edit Provincial technical reports developed by the Provincial polio team leader
7. Establish contacts with all partners to strengthen PEI partnership at the provincial level
8. Maintainand update list of the influencers (individuals and organizations) in the province to the provincial team leaders, in coordination with UNICEF
9. Maintain and update map of all government and non government organizations that are partners or potential partners in polio eradication in collaboration with government
10. Work as WHO media focal point at the provincial level Required Skills