The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representatives, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO's mission is to work with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to help build a food-secure country, free of hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, under the direct supervision of Assistant Representative Program, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for performing the following tasks for Integration of Sustainable Development Goals related to Agriculture and Natural Resources Management (ANR) into National Planning:
- Support the coordination of SDGs initiatives related to ANR;
- Design and Conduct multi-stakeholder SDGs prioritization workshops on Agriculture and Natural Resources Management(ANR) at Provincial and National levels;
- Processing the endorsement of selected and prioritized ANR related SDGs by Provincial and Federal Governments;
- Processing the endorsement of indicators, baselines and end-goals for each endorsed target by Provincial and Federal Governments;
- Comprehensive Agriculture Sector desk review for development of realistic ANR Action Plan.
- Support and lead to develop ANR Action Plan by Provincial and Federal Governments for implementation of SDGs;
- Lead the formulation of Investment Programmes and Master Plans by Provincial and Federal Governments.
- Perform any other task and duty assigned by the supervisor.
- ANR multi-stakeholder workshops designed and conducted.
- ANR Action Plan developed.
- Investment and Master Plans formulated.
- ANR related SDG Agenda implemented.
- Ensure alignment with Country Programming Framework while developing ANR action plan.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Masters in Agriculture, Public Policy Management or other relevant degree. PhD degree in related subject will be preferred.
- Minimum 15 years working experience with UN, Government and/or international organizations in policy formulation as an Advisor or Team leader;
- Experience in development of Action, Investment and Master Plans;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- High sense of responsibility and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under stress with tight deadlines; and
- Strong communication skills and spirit of teamwork.
- Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations administrative policies and procedures.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
Duration: 05 months only
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
All candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are to be made through FAOs iRecruitment system. Kindly go to the below link (copy & paste on your web browser) to access iRecruitment, complete your online profile and apply for this position.
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of your iRecruitment account are completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Only the applications submitted through FAOs iRecruitmentsystem will be accepted.