Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of the National Project, the FFS Facilitator will be responsible for :
- Organize farmers groups for establishment of FFS-WOS homestead kitchen garden demo plots, DRR activities, land rehabilitation and various project activities
- Provide assistance/technical support to the FFS-WOS, CA Demo plots and homestead kitchen garden participants and facilitate on-going activities of the project in District Badin
- Collect and compile all the information related with field activities and sharing of success stories/case studies.
- Organize field visits of the project area for gender sensitive capacity building programmes and various trainings for females.
- Overall responsible for social mobilization, various assessments, beneficiaries selection, establishment of WOS, homestead kitchen garden plots and distribution of various agriculture inputs in the selected villages for females.
- Organize various field based activities, i.e. training events, female farmers meetings, monitoring meetings and field days
- Coordination with District Agriculture department and stakeholders
- Assist various subjects Specialist (FAO) and share information with Project coordinator in the day-to-day field activities/ interventions and completion of monthly/quarterly project reports.
- Ensure the submission of monthly work plan, quarterly and final progress reports to the concern.
- Perform any other associated duties as required by the project Coordinator FAO.
- Timely and quality achievement of project activities and results related to his responsibility.
- Establishment and functioning of WOS and kitchen garden plots up to the required standard
- Field based assistance for the implementation of project intervention in district Badin.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
- 2 to 3 Years Relevant field Experience, particularly worked in agriculture and livestock based projects Practical knowledge of Social Mobilization process & Community organization skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Good drafting and report writing skills.
- Analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Good networking and advocacy skills.
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
Duration: 12 months
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
All candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
How to Apply
All applications are to be made through FAOs iRecruitment system.Kindly go to the below link (copy & paste on your web browser) to accessiRecruitment, complete your online profile and apply for this position.
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of your iRecruitment account are completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Only applications received through FAOs iRecruitment system will be accepted