If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
For every child, hope...
How can you make a difference, For every child, a better future.
The purpose of this consultancy services is to provide Technical Assistance to the Sindh Bureau of Statistics to develop District profiles of all districts of Sindh. These profiles shall be developed in close collaboration with Planning and development department/Sindh Bureau of Statistics, UNICEF PMER section Karachi/Islamabad and DRR unit.
Development of district profiles is part of the agreed work plan 2017 with Planning and development department/Sindh Bureau of Statistics to provide technical assistance in order to develop district profiles and sensitize the provincial, divisional and district level administration along with civil society activists, notable and academia to undergo the present situation and put maximum efforts to ensure sufficient resources and efforts in order to improve the situation. This will also provide a benchmark of the availability of data for further planning and interventions in the concerned district. The District profile will also identify the risk/emergency factor, and proposed its mitigation. The consultant will further elaborate and could purpose additional methods that could bring further insight to the assignment.
Work Assignments, Deliverables & Payment Schedule:
1. Collection and desk review of existing district profiles, relevant documents, and publications and suggest gaps, needs, standard protocols and areas recommendation for new district profiles.
2. Develop contents/outline of the profile by ensuring close liaison with Sindh Bureau of Statistics and other relevant departments of Planning and Development Department.
3. Determine the different methods of data visualization to present the data for the policy makers, decision makers, and for further planning. Also prepare summary analysis of key indicators with respect to identified sources to determine the change.
4. Develop District wise and division wise key indicators power point presentations for the presentation to the relevant district authority and civil society organizations at divisional level launches.
Deliverable 1: Review of existing profiles (prepared so far by Government, UN agencies), relevant documents, and publications and share a comprehensive gap analysis report (including risk factors) with clear recommendations.
Deliverable 2: Contents/outline of district profiles developed and approved by UNICEF in consultation with Sindh Bureau of Statistics and other relevant stakeholders.
A: data visualization methods are proposed to UNICEF and approved.
B. identify and propose different relevant data sources.
Inclusion of key indicators (agreed between UNICEF and BoS) in the profiles.
C. All districts profiles are developed and approved.
A: District and division level Key indicator Power point presentation developed and approved based on developed district profiles.
civil society organizations at divisional level launches.
Duration of consultancy: 3 months
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
Advanced university degree in social work/social sciences/sociology and another social and research field that complement the proposed work.
Four years of work experience in the area of research, reporting, analysis and communication. Working with UN and government counterparts will be preferred. Knowledge of latest development, evidence based interventions and approaches of data utilization would be considered an asset.
A first university degree with an additional two years of experience can be considered in lieu of advanced university degree.
Language Proficiency and duty station:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Urdu and local language(s) of the province is essential.
- She/he has to be based in Karachi and always available for any meeting and discussion.
- An action-oriented approach and strong drive for results.
- Highly proficient in writing and analysis.
- Highly developed negotiation and communication skills.
- High tolerance for operating in an environment characterized by uncertainty and ambiguity and working with people, showing respect to their views and contributions.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
HEC Attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.