DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners prepare and implement individual plans in order to allow UNHCR to reduce its engagement in the health sector by 2018.
- Under 5 mortality rates and high immunization rates are maintained.
- Self-reliant community based Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services, community managed referral system and availability of essential medicines are in place in all 10 refugee villages (RVs).
- Starting in 2018, only one health partner with limited budget will oversee the health status of RVs population
- Prevention of outbreak is ensured.
- Liaise with partners and respective government authorities on district and provincial level.
- Prepare PPA for all health partners.
- Consistently track progress on health indicators vis--vis UNHCR's Health Strategy.
- Provide technical advice for all health related Refugee Affecting & Hosting Areas (RAHA) projects.
- Supervise training programmes for Multi-Purpose Health Workers and Community Midwives.
- Track and analyse Community Fund expenditures and income.
- Ensure continued mainstreaming of refugee needs in governmental programmes.
- Liaise with partners such as UNAIDS, WHO, MSF.
- Contribute to UNHCR planning and reporting processes.
- Regular meetings with partners and counterparts.
- Provide technical advice directly to partners.
- Conduct regular field missions to RVs.
- Visit health related RAHA projects and prepares technical assessments.
- Revise budgets and advise Programme Officer during negotiations with partners.
- Track progress of Health Strategy and advise Senior Management.
- Hold meetings with technical personnel of counterparts in government, UN and (I) NGOs. Required Skills