These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in South Waziristan, North Waziristan, Orakzai and Khyber Agencies of FATA (1 Female and 1 Male for each Agency), Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Administration) and Program Officer Resilience, the incumbent will report to Project Coordinator in performance of the following functions:
- Identification/ formation of Community Organization (CBOs/ COs) to take lead role, ownership and management of the rehabilitation/development activities in project areas
- Training of CBOs, VOs, FFS, and FBS, enterprise/value chain groups and farmers associations in CMST (Community Managerial Skills Trainings) and LMST (Leadership Management Skills Trainings).
- Facilitation in arrangement of capacity building and training of the CBOs/COs and beneficiaries in implementation and optimal utilization of resources provided by the project
Tasks and responsibilities
- Community mobilization through awareness raising, dialogue and using PRA/RRA tools to identify and prioritize the needs related to agriculture based livelihoods
- Organization of monthly meetings of communities for planning and implementation of project activities
- Arrangement of monthly meetings of Farmers Groups and ensuring record keeping.
- Coordination with the project technical staff for the arrangement of capacity building
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders and proactively communicate any issues that might affect the project implementation and engage community support with guidance from the Project Officers
- Assistance to Project Officers in preparation and submission of case studies /success stories
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in social mobilization and community organization
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
All candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are to be made through FAO’s iRecruitment system. Kindly go to the below link (copy & paste on your web browser) to access iRecruitment, complete your online profile and apply for this position.
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of your iRecruitment account are completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org