- Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial and administrative management for the project activities including but not limited to providing support with regards to reporting, clearance procedures on finance, procurement, recruitment, travel in line with Govt. policies.
- Coordinate with the vendors to prepare the necessary documentation for all direct payment requests to UNFPA Country Office processed through Global Programming System (GPS) as per government policies and procedures in collaboration and guidance with commission’s finance officer.
- Provide on-going support and guidance to Implementing Partners to ensure compliance with policies, rules and regulations, and that value-for-money principles are observed in planning, budgeting and programme delivery.
- Assist and guide Project Coordinator to ensure the compliance of their policies and procedures to avoid potential audit findings and especially during procurement and recruitment processes.
- Detects potential over/ under expenditures trends and propose appropriate actions to project managers.
- Preparing progress reports for quarterly review meetings and presenting financial progress on the project along with admin and finance associate in progress review meetings.
- Draft all necessary administration and financial management correspondence and be responsible for follow-up
- Initiating processes for opening and maintaining the project bank account and general ledgers.
- Processing monthly pay rolls of the project personnel based on guidelines shared by the donor.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the donor to include P&L/Balance Sheet and analysis of variances.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register.
- Liaising with banks for all financial matters.
- Perform all office administration duties including quotation requests, purchase order follow-ups, stationery supplies, Computer and IT support services in the form of hardware procurement, software installation, routine file back-ups and computer maintenance, multimedia presentations, and external support logs / fault reporting
- Assist in organizing programme events incl. logistical arrangements.
- Ensure the regular maintenance and prompt repair of office equipment.
- Set up and maintain an appropriate office filing system and assets registry record as well as keeping proper record of employees leaves and Personal Files
- Prepare the Quarterly Financial Report at the time of requesting the advance of funds on the basis of a corresponding work plan and budget
- Monitor payment requests within the project; obtain necessary clearances and ensure payments are effected promptly.
- Collect quotations for equipment and materials for the project and prepare and follow up on procurement requests.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and lead reconciliation, budget analysis and projections as required perform any other duties as required by the Programme Manager.
Minimum Qualification, Age & Experience:
§ The person should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Public Administration or closely related field.
§ Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) and web-based applications
§ Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in financial and administration office
§ Age: 28 and above
Required Skills and Knowledge
§ Strong interpersonal skills; commitment to team work and to working across disciplines, cultures and stakeholders at all levels
§ Strong managerial and financial oversight skills, covering the full programme/project cycle
§ Good judgment in balancing the need to follow orders and take initiatives.
§ Well-organized and trustworthy person, methodical in his/her approach to the office environment and financial management of the programme;
§ Ability to work under pressure, sometimes with extended hours, and to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive issues;
§ Fluency in English, Urdu and Pashto is required
§ Cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues;
§ Availability and willingness to travel.