Under the overall responsibility of the Country Representative, the guidance of Deputy Representative, and direct supervision of Portfolio Manager Ending Violence Against Women, Governance and Human Rights, the Programme Officer ensures effective delivery of the CO programme by supporting programme planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting as well as entering and managing data, consistent with UN WOMEN rules and regulations.
Based in Islamabad, the Programme Officer will also support UN Women’s interventions in Punjab and Sindh. This includes providing technical support to the localized implementation of the programme, and managing field-based monitoring and reporting for the PCO and providing support in developing and maintaining partnerships at the provincial level.
The Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the project staff at Country Office and provincial sub-offices as well as operations, and communications teams as required for ensuring smooth implementation of programme activities and facilitating learning and exchange of information.
Summary of Key Functions:
q Support the formulation of programme strategies for the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Country Programme Action Plan
q Assist Portfolio Manager to ensure effective management of the portfolio projects, especially the Prevention of Violence project, managing relationships and coordinating interventions in Punjab and Sindh provinces
q Provide support for One UN Coordination
q Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit
q Supports resource mobilization
q Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Country Programme Action Plan at the federal and provincial level focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Collect and present background information to support the formulation of the country programme;
· Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals and concept notes;
· Undertake regular analysis of political, social, economic situations in the country in general and Punjab and Sindh in particular, and preparation of substantive inputs to country strategy documents, project proposals, annual Workplans and other documents.
· Provide technical contribution to the development and implementation of programme/ strategies at federal/ provincial level based on UN Women Pakistan Strategic Note/ Annual Workplan;
· Coordinate UN Women interventions in Punjab and Sindh.
2. Assists Portfolio Manager to ensure effective management of the portfolio and projects in the areas of EVAW, Governance and Human Rights focusing on quality assurance from formulation to implementation and monitoring of the projects achieving the following results:
- Support the management of programme activities under the Ending Violence Against Women, Governance and Human Rights portfolio, including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting (narrative and financial);
- Support the design and formulation of projects within the area of responsibility, translating priorities into local interventions.
- Ensure effective application of Results Based Management tools, provide guidance to partners on establishment of performance indicators, and monitor achievement of results.
- Undertake substantive monitoring of the programme activities, including quality assurance of project activities, tracking use of financial resources, identification of operational and financial problems, and development of solutions.
- Lead the preparation of project documents including concept notes, requests/ calls for proposals, terms of reference, project proposals, briefing notes/ talking points, etc.
- Draft internal and external reports as required in order to fulfil reporting requirements in a timely manner focusing on outputs and outcomes, and using RBM language.
- Comment on documents/ communications as requested by external partners.
- Ensure active participation and contribution of UN Women perspectives to relevant conferences, fora and meetings.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, and preparation of reports. Undertake analysis of the situation in programme implementation to identify potential risks or bottlenecks and operational and financial problems, and develop solutions.
3. Provides support for One UN Coordination
- Participate and contribute to One UN initiatives, especially the One UN technical/ working groups and other thematic groups.
- Support the Portfolio Manager in the coordination of joint programming, including development of UN joint proposals, One UN work plans, reports, etc.
4. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist in the administrative and logistics matters for smooth implementation of the programme activities.
· Support the coordination of the calls/ requests for proposals, including preparation of required documents, organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Assist in managing the project’s finances, human resources, assets, procurement, logistics and administrative matters, including use of ATLAS, ensuring effective use of resources and compliance with UN Women rules and procedures as well as with donor or fund requirements.
- Liaise with relevant programme/ operations units and sub offices to ensure satisfactory provision of services, flow of information and the project’s compliance with its obligations.
- Undertake regular documentation of programme activities and oversee management of office records.
5. Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Undertake regular analysis of information on donors, preparation of donors’ profiles for resource mobilisation.
- Contribute to the overall resource mobilization strategy of UN Women Pakistan.
- Track and report on mobilized resources. Undertake Review of contribution agreements.
- Catalyze partnerships and enable networking amongst donors and stakeholders on gender issues in Pakistan to promote knowledge networking and sharing of information for efficient resource utilization.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Plan and organize trainings for the operations/ project staff on programme strategies, objectives and outcomes.
- Develop and share Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Support the development and uploading of Annual Reports, Quarterly Progress Reports and Workplans.
- Provide Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Master’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women's studies, international development, or a related field is required
At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/ project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
Experience in EVAW, Governance and Human Rights is an asset;
Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/ or donors is an asset.
Fluency in English and Urdu is required
HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UN provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates.