Programme Officer (NOB) - Islamabad
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Social sciences, human rights, gender/women\'s studies, international development, or a related field is required
2 Years(work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager EVAW, Governance and Human Rights, the Programme Officer contributes to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the CO by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he guides and facilitates the delivery of UN Women programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of EVAW, Governance and Human Rights
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
· Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
· Good knowledge of Results Based Management
· Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
· Good analytical skills
· Good knowledge of technical area
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the EVAW, Governance and Human Rights is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required