UNDP Pakistan has partnered with the Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform to set up a SDGs Support Unit at the federal level under the umbrella of a national initiative for SDGs, titled ‘Mainstreaming, Acceleration and Policy Support for SDGs’. The project aims to support localization of SDGs at the national level and coordinate closely with all other SDG Support Units established at provincial level. The project will focus on four key areas of intervention: 1) SDGs mainstreaming through policy integration and coordination; 2) strengthening monitoring and reporting mechanism; 3) financing for development; and 4) applying innovative approaches to accelerate progress on SDGs.
In this regard, UNDP is advertising the position of Project Officer. The Project Officer will be supporting the execution of the SDGs project at federal and provincial level - providing project management support including work planning, implementation of project activities, project progress monitoring, Atlas functions, following up on project HR / procurement, audit and bringing new ideas for project.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
The Project Officer will be working under the direct supervision of Assistant Country Director (Development Policy Unit) and will be based in UNDP Country office. The Project Officer will work closely with the SDGs Support Units at federal and provincial levels to contribute to the four outputs of the project and support planning & implementation phase.
• Support overall project implementation in coordination with SDG Support Units
• Support Result Based Management and Reporting on the SDGs project
Support to Project Implementation in coordination with SDG Support Units:
• Coordinating with the SDG units at federal and provincial levels and provide support to develop unit workplans;
• Following up on project implementation and delivery of programme interventions and ensure the achievement of outputs is in line with the approved work plan through the day to day planning, coordination & implementation of activities;
• Support the SDG Support Units in development of relevant Terms of Reference for the mobilization of qualified international and national experts and organizations, as needed, to provide specific consultancy services;
• Following up on procurement processes and participating in procurement evaluations.
• Participates in recruitment processes for projects.
• Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in project audit.
• Follow up on audit recommendations and ensure that all exceptions are timely reported.
• Support the preparations for the Project Board and Technical Committee
• Management of Atlas functions; entering project into Atlas, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review.
• Support implementation of project by bringing in new ideas including those from global and regional experience in the implementation of SDGs.
Support Result Based Management and Reporting on the SDGs project:
• Coordinate production of project progress and financial reports, plan of action and other documentation requirements utilizing established UNDP and governments reporting systems;
• Ensure accurate and timely high-quality results reporting on the progress of the project and achievement of annual targets.
• Support preparation of reports for the Project Technical Committee, Project Board and donor’s meetings.
• Ensure that donor and UNDP reports are prepared according to UNDP's SOPs, quality standards and in line with the contractual obligations to project donors. Ensure that all internal and external reports are submitted by deadlines;
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Support Project for Sustainable Development Goals Implementation and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
• Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
Managing for Results:
• Plans and prioritize work activities to meet desired results;
• Strategic approach to problem solving
Partnering & Networking:
• Build and sustains relationships with key constituents (internal/external/bilateral/multilateral/public/private; civil society);
• Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices;
• Demonstrates ability to handle working relationships with senior officials, academics and technical experts.
Innovation & Judgment:
• Conceptualizes and analyzes problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate;
• Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations;
• Devises new systems and processes, and modifies existing ones, to support innovative behaviors
• Demonstrates outstanding communication skills, verbal and written, in English
• Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Education: The candidate should possess a Master’s Degree preferably in public administration or Social Sciences disciplines preferably in Economics or management related with relevant professional qualification and necessary knowledge to undertake the assignment.
Experience: At least 3 years of extensive experience at the national or international level in project management through planning and implementation. Familiarity with donor funded development projects will be considered an asset.
Language Requirements: Proficient in Verbal and written English.
Please Note that Applications will now be accepted through Rozee.pk on jobs.un.org.pk
HEC attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment process candidates will be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to(i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment,or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UNDP provides Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment.