- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Communication & Public Relations Officer
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
Master’s degree in Mass communications, journalism or related areas
This position is located in FAO Project Office in Quetta, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination and direct supervision of Project Manager, Balochistan (Program / Administration), the incumbent will report to Communication Officer in Islamabad. The incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs with regular consultation and coordination with the Regional Communication Officer, FAORAP and be responsible for the following functions:
- The communication strategy will articulate communication needs and purposes per target audience and the communication mechanisms and products, embedded with Government, professional networks, the private sector or communities;
- Communication activities would focus on the outcome and outputs achieved of the FAO projects, targeting general and specific audiences at national, provincial, district and community levels, as well as in the Government of Australia’s and FAO’s sphere of influence;
- To support and assist Communications at FAO Balochistan in visibility, outreach and advocacy project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Continuously update and implement FAO Balochistan communication strategy (including corporate style, carriers and modes of communication per target category) for AusABBA, based on the generic corporate FAOR Islamabad communication strategy;
- Develop, share and implement annual work plans for communication with donors and other target audiences, including templates and provide staff training;
- Be responsible for media coverage, dissemination and follow up activities on a range of events of the FAO Balochistan programmes such as Agriculture Conferences, workshops, farmer’s field days, farmer field schools, wool days and other meetings;
- Liaise and cooperate with FAOR Islamabad communication staff;
- Clear all drafts for use on any communication channels with immediate supervisor and Communication Officer in Islamabad
- Arrange and catalogue photographs from the field and take photographs as and when required.
- Gather success stories from FAO projects and provide drafts with photos to Islamabad office for finalization
- Pitch material regularly to Communication Officer in Islamabad for FAO Corporate communication channels
- Train staff for articles/report writing; use of social media including what’s app and upload materials for the FAO corporate website;
- Communication on AusABBA achievements (including development / writing success stories) for Farmers, Policy makers, Companies, UN agencies, NGOs, Donors (through written, social media, video and other channels etc.);
- Develop reports, press releases, TV and radio, workshops, movies, monthly bulletins and more to disseminate project achievements in collaboration with subject matter specialists;
- Support – from a communication point of view – 3 monthly, 6 monthly and annual reporting of the AusABBA, WEE and other programmes as well as the development of training manuals for trainers and farmers;
- Liaise with communication staff of Government of Balochistan Line Departments and local journalists to cover and disseminate FAO (Balochistan) activities in the provincial and national media;
- Perform any other duties assigned by Project Management and Islamabad office within the area of technical competence.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in Mass communications, journalism or related areas;
- 08-10 years of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of Urdu and local languages in Balochistan, and a good working knowledge of English;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting and documentation;
- Well organized, flexible, result focused and a spirited team player;
- Social and networking skills; a network with media organisations in Balochistan is essential;
- Previous experience in Quetta (Balochistan) and with UN organization would be considered as an added asset;
- Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds;
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity;
- Good computer and presentation skills (Word, Desk Top Publishing (DTP), Power Point etc).
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Strong writing & communications skills
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT