Under the technical supervision of WHO Provincial and Federal Team Leader for polio eradication and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the Polio Eradication Officer will be responsible of all the polio eradication activities in the assigned district (s) and will undertake the following duties:
1. Support district health authorities in ensuring that there is a system in place for comprehensive AFP case detection and response.
2. Complement district health authorities / staff efforts to ensure timely investigation of all AFP cases including timely stool collection and transportation and appropriate actions are under taken in response to the surveillance findings.
3. Undertake regular site visits to reporting sites to ensure that no AFP cases are missed/ not reported.
4. Facilitate that all data from AFP cases are properly collected, line-listed, analyzed and interpreted timely; and forwarded to provincial office.
5. Regularly monitor the quality of surveillance data in the district(s) of responsibility.
6. Participate in detailed epidemiological investigations of urgent (hot), confirmed and compatible polio cases and AFP cases with zero routine OPV dose.
7. Participate in training for health care workers on AFP surveillance.
8. Assist in ensuring inclusion of all high risk/ underserved/ migrant population in the Surveillance network and all AFPs are reported from them.
9. Assist with the strengthening of measles and MNT surveillance activities.
Supplemental Polio Vaccination Campaigns (SIA)
1. Provide technical support to pre-campaign activities particularly planning, preparing and monitoring the quality of area level Micro-planning, at the union council, tehsil and districts levels.
2. Monitor the availability of human and material resources and provide necessary support to augment them.
3. Ensure selection of appropriate vaccinators and supervisors according to the guidelines
4. Monitor and support the trainings in the pre-campaign phase; for various categories of health workers involved in vaccination and supervision.
5. Monitor and supervise the work of all categories of health workers during the Implementation phase of the campaign and share the key observations and recommendations / action points with responsible authorities on daily basis.
6. Monitor the utilization of resources and report issue, if any.
7. Participate in the identification and selection of the appropriate independent monitors for Post Campaign monitoring and validity of the process and data.
8. Thorough analysis of the post campaign independent monitoring data after every vaccination round to: a) making corrective measures as per guidelines; b) identifying the issues to be addressed before the following vaccination round and c) reporting to, and assisting the EDO (H) for actions required, if any.
9. Support the EDO-H and his team in analyzing the vaccination and (administrative and monitoring) data and modify operations if needed.
10. Help EDO H to prepare a report for DPEC in line with the Provincial and National Emergency Action Plan and seek support from public sector and NGO/Private sector as well.
11. Provide special focus on the high risk populations during all the phases of the campaign in line with the special strategies devised by MoH for risk populations and the National Emergency Action Plan for Polio Eradication in 2011.
1. Assist in the various aspects to ensure development, maintenance, and monitoring of routine EPI, and participate in SIAs related to other EPI diseases.
Candidates having Master in Public Health Must have experience at Managerial Level. (Preferably in health related Project).
Pushto and Local Language (Prefered) Required Skills