These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in North Waziristan Agency FATA, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Administration) and Program Officer, the incumbent will report to Project Coordinator in performance of the following functions.
- Identify Community Organization (CBOs/ COs) to take lead role, ownership and management of the rehabilitation/development activities in project areas
- Train CBOs, VOs, FFS, and FBS, enterprise/value chain groups and farmers associations in CMST (Community Managerial Skills Trainings) and LMST (Leadership Management Skills Trainings).
- Facilitate arrangement of capacity building and training of the CBOs/COs and beneficiaries in implementation and optimal utilization of resources provided by the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Community mobilization through awareness raising, dialogue and using PRA/RRA tools to identify and prioritize the needs related to agriculture based livelihoods
- Organize monthly meetings of communities for planning and implementation of project activities
- Arrange monthly meetings of Farmers Groups and ensuring record keeping.
- Coordinate with the project technical staff for the arrangement of capacity building
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and proactively communicate any issues that might affect the project implementation and engage community support with guidance from the Project Officers
- Assist Project Officers in preparation and submission of case studies /success stories
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Three years relevant working experience in livestock management and farmer trainings through LFFS methodology
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org