- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Consultant Women Empowerment Policy Sindh
Individual Contract - SSA ( First Shift (Day) )
gender, women’s studies, social sciences, international development, international relations or other development-related fields.
Middle Level Professional
5 Years(experience in development, focused on providing policy advice, technical assistance and/or programming around gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights issues;)
UN Women seeks to recruit a Consultant-Policy Specialist to assist WDD Sindh for updating provincial gender equality policy and preparing a costed implementation plan with clearly defined targets, baseline and indicators. The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Secretary, WDD Sindh or any delegated authority and in consultation, as needed, with Programme Officer, UN Women Office Karachi and under the overall guidance of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW-UN Women Country Office).
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW Portfolio, UN Women Pakistan), the consultant will perform the following minimum activities:
- Develop and share detailed workplan for approval with UN Women and WDD Sindh.
- Review and identify gaps in Provincial Gender Equality Policy.
- Take into account analysis of existing policies, structures, institutions and mechanisms relevant for Gender Equality and Women Empowerment and assess the gaps and provide a set of recommendations.
- Organize consultations with stakeholders to discuss identified gaps.
- Ensure engagement with the women’s groups, civil society organizations and relevant government departments.
- Update and revise the Gender Equality Policy and plan on the basis of stakeholders’ feedback.
- Share the revised policy draft and costed action plan with WDD and UN Women for approval.
The assignment will be for 3 months starting from 1 January 2018 till 31 March 2018.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in gender, women’s studies, social sciences, international development, international relations or other development-related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in development, focused on providing policy advice, technical assistance and/or programming around gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights issues;
- Experience of writing analytical documents and reports, policy analysis and development of implementation plans.
- Experience in coordination and advocacy;
- Good knowledge of the UN system; and
- Substantive knowledge and experience in gender equality and women's empowerment issues at policy level.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Computer skills comprising knowledge of Windows, internet communications and command of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluency in English and Urdu.