- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Senior Project Assistant (Civil Society)
Planning & Development
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, and direct supervision of the Project Officer, the Senior Project Assistant will liaise with all units in Islamabad and the field, as well as Grant Focal Points in the field and implementing partners to support the identification, development, monitoring and implementation of soft grants.
The incumbent will be required to travel extensively to field offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist civil society development and empowerment grant programming through each grant’s activity cycle, including idea development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and closeout, by liaising with all relevant units and field offices.
- Provide support to field-based staff in the identification and selection of soft grants and implementing partners, including line-departments, NGOs, government and private institutions.
- Follow-up with field teams, other relevant program units, and implementing partners regarding all grant documentation for soft grants and review as required.
- Update program management on the implementation of civil society grants and delivery of required outputs.
- Maintain relationships and implement activities with new and existing implementing partners., including line-departments, NGOs, government and private institutions
- Compile data and prepare reports as required by Program Management / Donors.
- Stay updated with Government of Pakistan regulations and policies with regards to NGOs and other implementing partner’s status and activities to keep the Program’s ongoing and new projects in line with these regulations and policies.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or higher, relevant to the enumerated tasks and 4 years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with at least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with progressive responsibility in the design and implementation of small scale grants/projects.
- Professional experience working with international NGOs/NGOs
- Experience working with Microsoft access database and Microsoft excel, outlook and word.
- Experience working with NGOs in community development project implementation.
Required (specify the required knowledge)