- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
2 Years(University Degree or any related field in Finance)
This position is based in FAO Representation in Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, close collaboration with Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) the Finance Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Financial Management System complying with FAO requirements set and maintained.
- Support the management and administration of financial records and monitoring systems for the office
Tasks and responsibilities
- Review and checking Payments/Invoices requests from project offices in accordance with FAO rules and procedures.
- Verify of documentation for processing of payments ensuring correctness and completeness of requirements for input to the system including propriety of charge codes, validity of contracts, leases or agreements, etc
- Data entry of invoices in GRMS
- Organise appropriate filling system, maintain records and files in accordance with FAO standard filling system.
- Assist in handling day to day operational activities.
- Support the Unit’s staff on all accounting, budget or financial queries.
- Monitor vendor and operational advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of outstanding items, taking corrective follow up actions where required, ensure that all Operational advances are reconciled periodically.
- Respond to both normal and unpredictable operational needs, in accordance with FAO rules and procedures;
- Maintain contacts and liaise with relevant stakeholders, project colleagues as needed;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University Degree or any related field in Finance
- 2 years of progressively responsible finance, accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of English
- Being a national of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered
- Working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset;
Duration : 06 months
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
HOW TO APPLY To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT