- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
University degree preferably in administration or finance
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The position is based in FAO Representation in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and Assistant FAO Representative (Program), under direct supervision of the Operational Officer.
Support Operations Officer in performing operational task of the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist the Operations Officer in the Operational matters of the projects.
- Assist Operations Officer in preparing project task force meetings and ensures the availability of secretarial support.
- Support Operations Officer in ensuring timely provision of inputs for technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment/supplies and other needs related to project operations
- Participate in the preparation of project work plans, monitors progress and, where, necessary, identifies corrective measures to overcome operational constraints
- Assist Operations Officer in monitoring project budget and preparing revisions as required
- Coordinate the timely preparation and submission of project progress and terminal reports required (as specified in the project agreements), as well as contributing to the preparation of analytical reports
- Coordinate actions related to timely field project completion/closure, including identification of project follow-up requirements
- Contribute to the preparation and/or assessment of new projects
- Ensure the quality of data/documentation in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS) for all pipeline and operational field projects in the country
- University degree preferably in administration or finance
- Minimum 3 Years (At least in Operations with competence in Finance)
- Good working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Computer skills in Office Applications Including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point;
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered
- Working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset;
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above