- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Water Management Specialist
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
Advance university degree in Civil, Agriculture, Irrigation Engineering or Water Management
8 Years(Minimum work experience of 8 years in disaster hit areas)
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The position is based in FAO Representation in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The incumbent will report to Land and Water officer based in FAO-Pakistan office in Islamabad
Water Resources management; Stakeholder Engagement plan development; Capacity development of the related staff; Assessment of Technical feasibilities, technical specifications of irrigation infrastructure ; Remote Sensing, GIS
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment, vehicles and transport in accordance with FAO guidelines.
- Review existing sectoral policies and prepare brief on major water related challenges in the country and provinces /regions
- Provide technical support to field teams on water management related interventions in different FAO programme across KP/FATA
- Review and Validate technical specifications, Drawings and BOQs
- Guide irrigation engineers/ hydraulic experts based in provincial offices in preparation of detailed project work plan, procurement plan and successful implementation
- Review progress towards the work plan and the stated objectives on quarterly basis
- Monitor field activities / spot checks and ensure the preparation of quality reports in line with the rules and regulations of the Donor
- Guide and assist in developing and strengthening the capacity of water user organizations in consultation with the relevant government departments, local authorities and non- governmental partners Technical support to field engineers and preparation of work/tools specifications
- Coordination with Government and International relief organizations for wider and effective benefits of community
- Advance university degree in Civil, Agriculture, Irrigation Engineering or Water Management (Preferably Master’s degree)
- Minimum work experience of 8 years in disaster hit areas
- Good working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in planning, implementation of programmes related to construction / hydraulic infrastructure development
- Extent of experience in Assessment of Technical feasibilities, technical specifications of irrigation infrastructure; Policies and Studies to water management
- Experience in related Software’s and Engineering Codes
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent of relevance of experience in Irrigation and Drainage.
- Experience working with or in international and donor organizations with implementation of participatory project
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
Duration: 12 months