- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
University degree in agribusiness, agronomy, marketing or equivalent level and background.
The positions are located in the FAO Project Offices in Peshawar and Quetta. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by a FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Chief Technical Advisor / Chief of Party THAzA and Deputy Chief of Party THAzA (The Horticultural Advancement Activity)., the incumbent will directly be supervised by the Provincial Coordinator.
Support the team of male and female Farmer Field School (FFS) facilitators and social mobilizers on all women economic empowerment and gender related aspects and organize the activities that are to be conducted in collaboration with District / cluster teams and female supply chain stakeholders (beneficiaries)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the team of male and female FFS facilitators and social mobilizers and organize / be responsible for all women economic empowerment and gender related aspects. The following activities that are to be conducted in collaboration with District / cluster teams and female supply chain stakeholders (beneficiaries).
- Collect, organize and analyse market intelligence and other information about markets and market partners to develop sustainable value chains and agribusiness opportunities for women.
- Liaise with Provincial Government Departments and relevant institutes and organizations in Balochistan and KP to capture female business opportunities.
- Identify market oriented, commercial value chains and agri business opportunities for women, in close cooperation with Government of Balochistan line Departments and private stakeholders, and together with input suppliers traders, buyers and end users of horticultural products.
- Develop and implement female agribusiness and market opportunities and business cases customized to the specific circumstances of Balochistan and facilitate female farmers, traders and other supply chain actors to successfully market their products and mitigate impediments for female supply chain development.
- In consultation with the gender specialist, develop strategies to solve bottlenecks and to capture opportunities for female agri business development, together with stakeholders.
- Train and mentor of female participants on all aspects of value chain development including production, processing and marketing.
- Screen and analyse ongoing and completed agribusiness and value chains pilot projects for opportunities for up scaling, extension and dissemination.
- Contribute to Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting of activities
- Submit periodic progress reports as required by the FAO management
- Perform other related duties as required by International Project Manager within the gender associates area of competence.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- University degree in agribusiness, agronomy, marketing or equivalent level and background.
- At least 5 years of experience within agricultural within agricultural sector in Pakistan, including market aspects, preferable in the private sector.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Good knowledge of Urdu, Balochi and Pashtu;
- Good communication, reporting and presentation skills in English.
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Familiar with FAO procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
- Expertise in smallholder production systems in arid and semi-arid agro-ecological zones of Pakistan.
- Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates