- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Agribusiness & Value Chain Facilitators
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
University degree in agribusiness, agronomy, marketing or equivalent level and background.
The positions are located in the FAO District Offices in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by a FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with the FAO Chief Technical Advisor / Chief of Party THAzA and the Deputy Chief of Party THAzA (The Horticultural Advancement Activity), the incumbent will directly be supervised by the Provincial Coordinator.
Identification of market oriented, commercial value chains, in close cooperation with Government of Balochistan line Departments and private stakeholders, in particular with input suppliers traders, buyers and end users of horticultural and livestock products.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organize / be responsible for the Identification of market oriented, commercial value chains, in close cooperation with Government of Balochistan line Departments and private stakeholders, in particular with input suppliers traders, buyers and end users of horticultural products.
- Conduct commodity value chain analyses, in close cooperation with Government of Balochistan line Departments and private stakeholders, in particular with input suppliers traders, buyers and end users of horticultural products.
- Contribute to the development of supply chain and agri business work plans under the supervision of the DCOP / value chain expert
- Hands on support / facilitation of stakeholders in the supply chain to achieve their goals and objectives, jointly formulated with the support of THAzA teams
- Contribute to the analysis of the marketing and input supply arrangements per supply chain and the training of participants in identifying market opportunities, linkages, impediments and bottlenecks.
- Identify market opportunities and impediments for supply chain development and to develop strategies to solve bottleneck and to capture opportunities together with stakeholders.
- Develop agribusiness and value chain business opportunities, customized to the specific circumstances of Balochistan and KP and to facilitate farmers, traders and other supply chain actors to successfully market their products.
- Screen and analyse ongoing and completed agribusiness and value chains pilot projects for opportunities for up scaling, extension and dissemination.
- Collect, organize and analyze market intelligence, information about markets and market partners and develop sustainable value chains and agribusiness opportunities.
- Liaise with national consultants, Federal and Provincial Government Departments and relevant institutes and organizations, including other Government or donor supported programmes in Pakistan.
- Submit periodic monthly and quarterly progress reports as required by project management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Project Management within the area of technical competence.
- University degree in agribusiness, agronomy, marketing or equivalent level and background.
- Minimum 05 years’ experience within agricultural within agricultural sector in Pakistan, including market aspects, preferable in the private sector.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Good knowledge of Urdu, Balochi and Pashtu;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good communication, reporting and presentation skills in English.
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Familiar with FAO procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates