- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
Advance university degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies or relevant discipline;
5 Years(Minimum 5 years experience; specifically 3 years in gender analysis, gender-sensitive needs assessment;)
The position is located in FAO representation Office, Islamabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of the Assistant FAOR (Programme)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Compilation, analysis and interpretation of gender issues through research work and preparation of quality analytical reports.
- Provide advice and support to the FAO management, programme and projects on gender issues.
- Develop guidelines for gender specific programming.
- Provide substantive inputs to program development and other strategic documents.
- Ensure that all the ongoing programmes are in line with FAO’s Strategic Framework, Country Programming Framework (CPF), and priorities with respect to gender issues.
- Represent FAO in different working groups and interagency working groups.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on the gender perspectives in the area of work of the department to promote the professional development of staff in this area and provide information as required for different purposes.
- Analyze country's gender policies and their impact on poverty reduction, food insecurity, growth, equity, etc.
- Training and capacity development for FAO staff and government officials, public institutions on gender issues.
- Support technical units in designing of gender sensitive tools for assessments.
- Ensure inclusion of gender-specific objectives, indicators, targets and activities throughout project implementation.
- Prepare gender mainstreaming strategy for FAO programmes and orient project staff and relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the detailed work plan of the projects to ensure mainstreaming of the gender.
- Ensure and contribute to developing gender sensitive training material, manuals and IEC material.
- Coordinate with Reporting officer / communication specialist to prepare and timely submission of periodic progress reports, success stories/case studies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advance university degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies or relevant discipline;
- Minimum 05 years working experience and specifically 3 years in gender analysis, gender-sensitive needs assessment;
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in developing and carrying out training sessions with socio-economic and gender aspects of agriculture and rural development;
- Demonstrated ability to carry out gender analysis and experience of training of women groups in rural areas;
- Experience in research and policy-level analysis;
- Substantial experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of gender projects;
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power-point, Project planning tools, ORACLE, GRMS etc)
Experience in gender analysis, gender-sensitive needs assessment.